Which difficulty first?

• Hardest

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Simplest

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

DarkVenom

Baseband Member
If you have a list of tasks that you need to do in which the difficulties range from simple to hard, with no specific priority, which do you prefer to do first, the simplest or the hardest?

Depends on what it is,

At work (I work in support) I pick the low hanging fruit first (gets users off your back and reduced call queues get managers off your back.

At home I do things in the order they need to be done (e.g car repairs need to be done in daylight, shopping needs to be done whilst shops are open, I could wash dishes anytime.)

I don't work according to difficulty. I sort by motivation of interest within predefined plan.

I sometimes do the more easier things first then the hard ones or by how motivated I am to perform that particular task.

Critical first. What's needs to be done right then. Supersedes anything else.
Urgent next. Can hold on for a minute but has to be done pretty quick.
High Priority. Things that are not a life and death matter but have to be finished today.
Normal Priority. Things you would like to start today but might not be able to.
Routine. Things you do every day. Pull trash and sweep the sidewalk. That sort of thing.

In my personal or professional life it doesn't matter if the task is easy or hard. It has to be done. The priority is where it appears on that list.

After lunch the real fun starts.

Last edited:
Guys please read first "with no specific priority".

I tackle the most difficult problems first.
Generally they can "hang over you" and you can be distracted by them.
Get them out of the way and then enjoy the simple tasks afterwards :)

When you choose to do a task based on easy or hard you are placing a priority on it. It's impossible to get away from that.

Last edited:
When you choose to do a task based on easy or hard you are placing a priority on it. It's impossible to get away from that.

Agreed!

However you are not choosing a task to do first based upon it's priority, you are choosing a task to do first based upon it's complexity and then given the order you choose to do them they are then assigned a priority of the 1st one you chose to do is the highest priority.

But the Priority was assigned after you made the decision on which 1 to do so it didnt affect your decision is what i was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom