Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2005, 07:33 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Happy New Year to all. As a new member of Computer Forums, I'd like to introduce myself and look forward to becoming more involved with the forums and meeting members along the way.
Name: Henry (friends call me Hank)
Location: Southern California, USA
Age: 43
Computing skills: Average user with a million questions to get answers for. Hopefully I'll get it to sink in to consider myself a Techie.


And Welcome!
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:52 PM   #22
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX_MuziK
Lol.. ok man. What ever you say. We both have our opinions. Haha. Im keeping my mouth shut on this one. I would however say both my parents were cops, and my whole family comes from a stong law enforment background. So ive seen first hand what happens to people with too much weed. And also being 15, and in school. I see it there to. You know what you know, I know what i see. Enough said.
Come on now, you have to be thinking about something else, LSD, Methamphetamine, Cocaine. Those can be really bad, and scary to people that are watching, maybe you got told they were on marijuana, but I can't see how too much weed is bad. Too much weed just makes me hungry and go to sleep :-P.

When you drink, you start fights, vomit, destroy your liver, and just look stupid. When you smoke, you sit on a couch, eating, sleeping and no one will even know. Drinking seems like the more destructive, and senceless one.

And besides the psychoactive effects of marijuana, it can be used a paper (the constitution was written on hemp paper), an effective medicine (cureing stomach problems,lessening the size of tumors, also belive it or not, increasing brain cells and promoting brain growth), the oil from the seeds can be used as a fuel as well as a paint, and also it can be made into clothing.

I'm not denying that you haven't seen some bad things happen as a result of marijuana, but are you over looking the amount of bad things that has happened from alcohol?

Even if Marijuana didn't exsist, I would still like to see alcohol illegalized. Marijuana is a much safer recreational substance.

Seeing how you are only 15, I assume you may grow up, and change your beleifs, I am in no way telling you, that you should try marijuana, but just take a chance to see, for yourself, and not listen to what other people have told you.

Your parents have probably told you not to smoke weed, and told you stories. While your parents are most likely not smoking around the dinner table, I can almost gaurentee that they are drinking. Do they want to tell you how bad alcohol is, and how you should never drink it? No. So its obvious you need to really learn stuff, as you will as you grow. Just open your eyes, please. Just take a second to think, maybe everything I am told is not the truth.

Good luck.
__________________

meanpeoplesuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:01 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
macbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,468
Send a message via MSN to macbook
Default Re: Happy New Year

Thank Youuu! Just got home, Piiiiiiiiised out of my head! Wooooooooophie!
__________________
4GB Intel Core Duo - 1.25 GB DDR2 SDRAM
macbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:03 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Happy New Year

My 'parents' have never told me stories, hell i havnt spoken to my dad for at least 6 months, but i would never go out and smoke weed. its illegal for a reason...

alcohol, yes it can make you do stupid things, but in moderation theres no problem with alcohol, i was out earlier celebrating the new year, had loads of fosters and IPA, and yet im okay...

alcohol is legal... weed is not...
me thinks id rather be drunk than high...

Quote:
Thank Youuu! Just got home, Piiiiiiiiised out of my head! Wooooooooophie!
i know how you feel!
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:14 PM   #25
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
My 'parents' have never told me stories, hell i havnt spoken to my dad for at least 6 months, but i would never go out and smoke weed. its illegal for a reason...

alcohol, yes it can make you do stupid things, but in moderation theres no problem with alcohol, i was out earlier celebrating the new year, had loads of fosters and IPA, and yet im okay...

alcohol is legal... weed is not...
me thinks id rather be drunk than high...



i know how you feel!
As I said, your opinion is fine with me, your not calling me a dumbass or telling me things that aren't true. Its your choice, he however is calling me a dumbass AND telling me untrue things, I had to set these things straight! Don't want to smoke? Fine, its not gonna matter weither you do or you don't, as long as your not telling me alcohol is any better. And the fact that you would rather drink just because its legal is a fine answer. I wouldn't force anyone to smoke, and I expect not to be forced to drink.

Marijuana is illegal because the economy would crumble if it was legal. Our current fuels would probably become quite useless, and then go out of buisness. Marijuana for consumption wouldn't hurt anything really. But its your opinion, its just my job to tell you true facts, lies are why everyone thinks marijuana is the devil weed. Nicotine in weed? WTF are schools teaching now adays?!
meanpeoplesuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #26
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Happy New Year

Id never smoke cigarettes, just cause of the damage that they cause... i agree that their probably worse than weed, and if i had to do either cigs or weed, it would be weed cause it doesnt have nicotine in it... at the moment im happy getting drunk... smoking is not something i want to take up, no matter what it is...
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #27
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
Id never smoke cigarettes, just cause of the damage that they cause... i agree that their probably worse than weed, and if i had to do either cigs or weed, it would be weed cause it doesnt have nicotine in it... at the moment im happy getting drunk... smoking is not something i want to take up, no matter what it is...
Yeah smoking is bad news, weed or cigs. I mean, its really not a good thing to do, no matter what the substance is. But weed, when heated in a fatty substance is edible and will still get you high.

Also, think about the fact that people smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, I don't know anyone that smokes a pack of weed a day.

I'm guessing you never smoked weed, take about, a thin broken up layer of marijuana about the size of a quarter, and that is the amount that will get you high. But the amount of tobacco people smoke in a day is like a huge a handful. If it was my choice, I would illegalize cigarettes too, mainly because they are useless other then revenue generators. Weed could replace alcohol revenue easily. New Jersey is considering legalizeing up to a gram of marijuana for personal consumption, and colorado has already done this. Federal law unfortunatly over rules state law.
meanpeoplesuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:27 PM   #28
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Happy New Year

The UK has legallised weed to some extent i think, not sure, totally uninterested in it... ive never even tried weed or cigarettes, the smell of both just makes me wanna throw up...
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:34 PM   #29
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
The UK has legallised weed to some extent i think, not sure, totally uninterested in it... ive never even tried weed or cigarettes, the smell of both just makes me wanna throw up...
Marijuana smells quite nice before it is burned acutally. After its burned the smell is pretty nasty. But take a gram of weed + peanut butter + a microwave, you can just eat that and get high.

Amsterdam has weed 100% legalized (now its illegal for tourists), BC canada, has it decriminalized, and some other places too. Are they up in flames, people dieing left and right, and the country in chaos? Nope, they are fine.

Marijuana will be legal some day. Alcohol may never be illegal.

In all truth, I don't smoke nor enjoy marijuana that much. Mainly because of anxeity problems, I have when sober or high or whenever. If you ever decide you want to try weed, give me a PM, and I'll tell you how to stay responsible, and enjoy yourself. It was nice having this chat/debate with you guys, and I really hope you both take a chance with the green lady one day. If you don't then whatever, its your choice. Have a safe and happy new years.

EDIT: By the way, not everyone that smokes says duuuuude, and act like stoners. I am a good example of that, and the plenty of other people who are responsible. Remember you are what you make yourself.
meanpeoplesuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:09 PM   #30
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanpeoplesuck
I'm not denying that you haven't seen some bad things happen as a result of marijuana, but are you over looking the amount of bad things that has happened from alcohol?
No, im perfectly aware.

Quote:
Even if Marijuana didn't exsist, I would still like to see alcohol illegalized. Marijuana is a much safer recreational substance.
if you say so

Quote:
Seeing how you are only 15, I assume you may grow up, and change your beleifs, I am in no way telling you, that you should try marijuana, but just take a chance to see, for yourself, and not listen to what other people have told you.
So your basicly saying.. dont smoke, BUT if for some reason im ever passed a blunt, then take a hit?

Quote:

Your parents have probably told you not to smoke weed, and told you stories. While your parents are most likely not smoking around the dinner table, I can almost gaurentee that they are drinking. Do they want to tell you how bad alcohol is, and how you should never drink it? No. So its obvious you need to really learn stuff, as you will as you grow. Just open your eyes, please. Just take a second to think, maybe everything I am told is not the truth.

Good luck.
Yeah, no weed, no ciggs. And your right they dont smoke around the dinner table. And, they dont smoke at all. Mom did, but dad got her off of it. Yeah they do tell me how bad it is. I am also smart enough to know for myself. Please tell me now what i need to learn. My eyes are open. And as far as im consirned, i dont need the luck, you do, becuase you do smoke weed. So to you from me, good luck, and i hope you dont get your self killed.
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0