Happy New Year

Happy new year! ive already been out tonight, luckly ive got 3 pubs about 5 mins walk from my house, so im okay...

I hope everyone has a better new year than i did this year!!

Yeah im haivng trouble deciding if i want to go to a party. No drinking of course. Seriously there wont be. But i still dont really wanna go, But i do. I just dont know, lol.

Since apparently no one went to my link, I must explain why I dislike alcohol.

If you want to drink, thats fine and dandy, but if you are only drinking because its legal, your missing out on alot.

Marijuana is much safer then alcohol will ever be. I would want to see nothing more to see alcohol, a destructive, deadly drug, illegalized, and see marijuana, a safe, non addictive drug, legalized.

I am simply trying to make a statement, that Marjiuana is simply better then alcohol and needs to be legalized.

meanpeoplesuck said:
Marijuana is much safer then alcohol will ever be. I would want to see nothing more to see alcohol, a destructive, deadly drug, illegalized, and see marijuana, a safe, non addictive drug, legalized.

I am simply trying to make a statement, that Marjiuana is simply better then alcohol and needs to be legalized.

Lol... dumbass

Ever heard of something called the gateway drug? Weed is the gateway drug. Its very addictive all in its self. Maybe not to you, but majority of the people its addictive. Marjiuana is by far one of the worst drugs out there. Its too easy to obtain. But, none the less its 4x worse then smoking a sig. Sure it doesnt have as much nicotine in it as a cig, but it can get people so high, they just want more and more. Then they start to try other things to get high in other ways. Thus the gateway drug. I do however agree 100% drinking is way more descrutive. But the reason that the government in the States, hasnt illigalized that and ciggs, is because thats where majorty of their income comes from.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Lol... dumbass

Ever heard of something called the gateway drug? Weed is the gateway drug. Its very addictive all in its self. Maybe not to you, but majority of the people its addictive. Marjiuana is by far one of the worst drugs out there. Its too easy to obtain. But, none the less its 4x worse then smoking a sig. Sure it doesnt have as much nicotine in it as a cig, but it can get people so high, they just want more and more. Then they start to try other things to get high in other ways. Thus the gateway drug. I do however agree 100% drinking is way more descrutive. But the reason that the government in the States, hasnt illigalized that and ciggs, is because thats where majorty of their income comes from.

Holy shit!

Weed is not a gateway drug, why would a drug make someone do another drug, if you think about it that doesn't even make a little bit of sence. And anyone who has smoked weed, certainly has drank before, does that make alcohol a gateway drug to a gateway drug?! Caffeine is a drug too, and EVERYONE has tried caffeine, does that make it a gateway drug?

Weed has no nicotine, you lost all credibility at that point. Weed does however have more tar then an equal amount of Tobacco. Although no one smokes the same amount of weed as they would tobacco, if you've ever emptied out a cigarette, you'd see that there is acutally quite a bit of tobacco. Compared to the .2 gram of marijuana that is smoked.

You also have to keep in mind, that someone like youself (opposed to marijuana) wouldn't try it to begin with, so the whole gateway drug wouldn't apply to you. But if someone, is willing to break the law, to smoke marijuana, they will likely try other illegal drugs, just because that person is willing to break the law.

Marijuana, can be eaten, thus you have no problem with tar in your lungs or throat. Tar is a by product of the combustion of it, and by eating it, you no longer have to worry about this. Vaporizing (heating the weed but not burning it) gives you a tar free vapor, that is much healthier then smoking.

Although, marijuana is not physically addicting (meaning you won't have withdrawls from quitting), I do belive it is mentally addicting. Alcohol is both mentally and physically addicting. The problem with marijuana is, that you can smoke and carry out regular activities, which turns it into a habit. Its much to easy to develop a "Hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday" kind of mentallity.

Instead of calling me a dumbass, acting like I don't know what I am talking about, learn some facts, and except my point of view as a valid one. If you rather drink, then fine, but theres no need for you to see your point of view as the only one. I asked kindly for people to take a look at a link, and you turned it into me being a dumbass. Now, try telling me how GREAT alcohol is, and how dumb I am.

The post above mine is a good example, as to how you should've responded. Don't want to do something illegal, fine, I'll fight untill my death to make alcohol illegal and marijuana legal though.

Happy New Year to all. As a new member of Computer Forums, I'd like to introduce myself and look forward to becoming more involved with the forums and meeting members along the way.
Name: Henry (friends call me Hank)
Computing skills: Average user with a million questions to get answers for. Hopefully I'll get it to sink in to consider myself a Techie.
dwarf_grumpy_pic.jpg

meanpeoplesuck said:
Holy shit!

Weed is not a gateway drug, why would a drug make someone do another drug, if you think about it that doesn't even make a little bit of sence. And anyone who has smoked weed, certainly has drank before, does that make alcohol a gateway drug to a gateway drug?! Caffeine is a drug too, and EVERYONE has tried caffeine, does that make it a gateway drug?

Weed has no nicotine, you lost all credibility at that point. Weed does however have more tar then an equal amount of Tobacco. Although no one smokes the same amount of weed as they would tobacco, if you've ever emptied out a cigarette, you'd see that there is acutally quite a bit of tobacco. Compared to the .2 gram of marijuana that is smoked.

You also have to keep in mind, that someone like youself (opposed to marijuana) wouldn't try it to begin with, so the whole gateway drug wouldn't apply to you. But if someone, is willing to break the law, to smoke marijuana, they will likely try other illegal drugs, just because that person is willing to break the law.

Marijuana, can be eaten, thus you have no problem with tar in your lungs or throat. Tar is a by product of the combustion of it, and by eating it, you no longer have to worry about this. Vaporizing (heating the weed but not burning it) gives you a tar free vapor, that is much healthier then smoking.

Although, marijuana is not physically addicting (meaning you won't have withdrawls from quitting), I do belive it is mentally addicting. Alcohol is both mentally and physically addicting. The problem with marijuana is, that you can smoke and carry out regular activities, which turns it into a habit. Its much to easy to develop a "Hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday" kind of mentallity.

Instead of calling me a dumbass, acting like I don't know what I am talking about, learn some facts, and except my point of view as a valid one. If you rather drink, then fine, but theres no need for you to see your point of view as the only one. I asked kindly for people to take a look at a link, and you turned it into me being a dumbass. Now, try telling me how GREAT alcohol is, and how dumb I am.

The post above mine is a good example, as to how you should've responded. Don't want to do something illegal, fine, I'll fight untill my death to make alcohol illegal and marijuana legal though.

Lol.. ok man. What ever you say. We both have our opinions. Haha. Im keeping my mouth shut on this one. I would however say both my parents were cops, and my whole family comes from a stong law enforment background. So ive seen first hand what happens to people with too much weed. And also being 15, and in school. I see it there to. You know what you know, I know what i see. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom