Happy Birthday iPhone!

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
Last edited:
I've never watched or read anything about/by Steve Jobs. His passion for the phone is clear and his sense of humor is great. He prank calls a Starbucks in the middle of the presentation and orders 4000 lattes to go...classic.

I remember watching that in amazement back in 2007, I was only a youngster then but I remember thinking this WILL change the way we think about phones and it DID!

I'm not getting into the Apple haters vs Lovers battle however before Apple released this all we had was WAP mobile internet, pokey resolution screens and pathetic touch screens (those pressure sensitive ones).

I was in love with it luckily for me I got hold of a 1st gen iPhone weeks after it came out not on a contract for £50 :) and It still lives today, I only stopped using it as my main phone last year but it still functions (with the exception of no 3G) very very well!

A youngster, eh? I was 19 and still in college....no way I even cared about an iPhone then. LOL

I can imagine that he did have a hard time explaining how this would be a bb killer,

the 1st gen iphone lacked capabilities to send of recieve mms properly, didn't have decent bluetooth support had a rubbish camera ect...

it was only when the 3gs came out with ALL the features you'd expect of a phone, and then additional smart phone bells and whistles, (such as the compass) in addition to the already existing accelerometer / tilt switches etc that things really took off.

it's crazy that it took 3 revisions (1gen 3g 3gs) before the killer phone actually became killer and people wanted to change from Blackberrys

When my Mum got her 3GS I loved it, Then she got her 4S and I have recently gotten one, I love it, All the features, I love asking Siri questions. I remember it used to be all about Nokia's before Apple and Samsung started the rivalry, I loved how if you dropped a Nokia in water you would just take the battery and sim card out and let them dry, Now if you drop a smartphone in water it wouldn't last very long even if you put it in rice and let it drain the water out. Happy Birthday iPhone..

Back
Top Bottom