Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
joxley1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,846
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Some guy tried to scam me once..how I laugh at it now..

I was selling an electric scooter for 55, in the loot. A guy contacted me, via email, and said that he wanted it, but that he was in the states. It all seemed legit, I sent him photos, and we agreed on a price (75) because he said he really wanted it..

So of course, I jumped at the chance..

He mailed back, and said that someone over here, (in the UK) owed him $2500, and that he would send me the full check for $2500, and I just need to bank it, and that I would then deduct the 75, and 50 for considering it sold to him..

So at this point, I just realise this guy is having a laugh, because he would not send a cheque of $2500 to a complete stranger..

So, it went a few weeks, nothing arrived, and I forgot about it all..

Until I got an email, from him, saying that the cheque had been delivered, via UPS, and that my next door neigbour had signed for it, I rushed home from school, only to find a UPS package in my next door neighbours porch, for me.

I opened the package, and it was empty..I was damned freaked out..

I emailed him, and said, don't bother, it's empty, don't contact me again.

He emailed back, from a different email addy, and his english seemed to of gotten worse..

He said that he was going to get us arrested for stealing the cheque, and that he has contacts all over this country. We rang UPS, asking where the package came from, and to my shock, it had come from Russia. So here is me, thinking the Russian Mafia would be round, haha!

So my mum jumps on putta, and emails him, stating that my dad was a very high end police man, and could have him down as quick as anything, so she suggested he stopped sending emails, threatning ones at that.

He emailed back, saying something like "Listen, Mar, shutup right now, or I will have YOU down, VERY quickly.

So, we rang the police, because it's threatning behavour..I got all the email addresses he had used, got all the emails together, along with every ip address he had ever used..

Anyway, he never emailed back, so we left it!
__________________

joxley1990 is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
mongoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,021
Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Some guy tried to scam me once..how I laugh at it now..

I was selling an electric scooter for 55, in the loot. A guy contacted me, via email, and said that he wanted it, but that he was in the states. It all seemed legit, I sent him photos, and we agreed on a price (75) because he said he really wanted it..

So of course, I jumped at the chance..

He mailed back, and said that someone over here, (in the UK) owed him $2500, and that he would send me the full check for $2500, and I just need to bank it, and that I would then deduct the 75, and 50 for considering it sold to him..

So at this point, I just realise this guy is having a laugh, because he would not send a cheque of $2500 to a complete stranger..

So, it went a few weeks, nothing arrived, and I forgot about it all..

Until I got an email, from him, saying that the cheque had been delivered, via UPS, and that my next door neigbour had signed for it, I rushed home from school, only to find a UPS package in my next door neighbours porch, for me.

I opened the package, and it was empty..I was damned freaked out..

I emailed him, and said, don't bother, it's empty, don't contact me again.

He emailed back, from a different email addy, and his english seemed to of gotten worse..

He said that he was going to get us arrested for stealing the cheque, and that he has contacts all over this country. We rang UPS, asking where the package came from, and to my shock, it had come from Russia. So here is me, thinking the Russian Mafia would be round, haha!

So my mum jumps on putta, and emails him, stating that my dad was a very high end police man, and could have him down as quick as anything, so she suggested he stopped sending emails, threatning ones at that.

He emailed back, saying something like "Listen, Mar, shutup right now, or I will have YOU down, VERY quickly.

So, we rang the police, because it's threatning behavour..I got all the email addresses he had used, got all the emails together, along with every ip address he had ever used..

Anyway, he never emailed back, so we left it!


haha he got owned
__________________

__________________
||Intel Core i5 @ 4.1ghz||Intel DP55KG||Corsair 750w psu||8gb G. Skill ram||120gb intel ssd 2x 1.5tb WD Green||MSI Gtx 970||
mongoman is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

I get emails from ebay users all the time, how do I know they're scams? They come in on my gmail account which is not the account that I have registered with ebay.....haha

If you try and go through with the transaction with this person, they won't reply. They are just trying to get you to send them your info. If you send your info, you'll never hear from him again.

Best thing to do is just report it to ebay.
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

but the best part is when he says im selling a portable DVD player wtf
__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by john123
im selling my ipod on ebay, and some retard sent me this email. all i gotta say is "haha"
John, have you thought that it could be a scam, I don't see how it would work, unless you are holding money in your ebay account, & he is after that, this Mr what-ever-his-name is, may the front for a large scam consortium.
Brookfield is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I can't really understand what he's saying.... he needs some grammar help.
Thats because his from nigeria with all the other scammers
David Lindon is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
G35x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,474
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
John, have you thought that it could be a scam, I don't see how it would work, unless you are holding money in your ebay account, & he is after that, this Mr what-ever-his-name is, may the front for a large scam consortium.
Have you tried reading through the whole thread, its obviously a scam. He clearly states this in his 1st post..
__________________
Check out my car forum..
altimacoupes.com

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline  
Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Thats because his from nigeria with all the other scammers
I never knew that. just curious, why are a lot of scammers in overseas countries???
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #19
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

I think the scammers are mostly from overseas because they are very poor and desperate there. I found this site because this same guy wants to rent my timeshare. I did a google search on his email address and found this forum. He hasn't asked me for any personal info yet just wants to know how much money so he can cut the check. But I was worried about the grammer and thought it was odd he has been vague about the date he wants to use the property.

Thanks for saving me from a costly and embarrasing mistake.
Lizstill is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #20
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

woh now, no grave digging please.
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0