Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: haha stupid retards trying to scam me

Some guy tried to scam me once..how I laugh at it now..

I was selling an electric scooter for 55, in the loot. A guy contacted me, via email, and said that he wanted it, but that he was in the states. It all seemed legit, I sent him photos, and we agreed on a price (75) because he said he really wanted it..

So of course, I jumped at the chance..

He mailed back, and said that someone over here, (in the UK) owed him $2500, and that he would send me the full check for $2500, and I just need to bank it, and that I would then deduct the 75, and 50 for considering it sold to him..

So at this point, I just realise this guy is having a laugh, because he would not send a cheque of $2500 to a complete stranger..

So, it went a few weeks, nothing arrived, and I forgot about it all..

Until I got an email, from him, saying that the cheque had been delivered, via UPS, and that my next door neigbour had signed for it, I rushed home from school, only to find a UPS package in my next door neighbours porch, for me.

I opened the package, and it was empty..I was damned freaked out..

I emailed him, and said, don't bother, it's empty, don't contact me again.

He emailed back, from a different email addy, and his english seemed to of gotten worse..

He said that he was going to get us arrested for stealing the cheque, and that he has contacts all over this country. We rang UPS, asking where the package came from, and to my shock, it had come from Russia. So here is me, thinking the Russian Mafia would be round, haha!

So my mum jumps on putta, and emails him, stating that my dad was a very high end police man, and could have him down as quick as anything, so she suggested he stopped sending emails, threatning ones at that.

He emailed back, saying something like "Listen, Mar, shutup right now, or I will have YOU down, VERY quickly.

So, we rang the police, because it's threatning behavour..I got all the email addresses he had used, got all the emails together, along with every ip address he had ever used..

Anyway, he never emailed back, so we left it!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to mongoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Some guy tried to scam me once..how I laugh at it now..

I was selling an electric scooter for 55, in the loot. A guy contacted me, via email, and said that he wanted it, but that he was in the states. It all seemed legit, I sent him photos, and we agreed on a price (75) because he said he really wanted it..

So of course, I jumped at the chance..

He mailed back, and said that someone over here, (in the UK) owed him $2500, and that he would send me the full check for $2500, and I just need to bank it, and that I would then deduct the 75, and 50 for considering it sold to him..

So at this point, I just realise this guy is having a laugh, because he would not send a cheque of $2500 to a complete stranger..

So, it went a few weeks, nothing arrived, and I forgot about it all..

Until I got an email, from him, saying that the cheque had been delivered, via UPS, and that my next door neigbour had signed for it, I rushed home from school, only to find a UPS package in my next door neighbours porch, for me.

I opened the package, and it was empty..I was damned freaked out..

I emailed him, and said, don't bother, it's empty, don't contact me again.

He emailed back, from a different email addy, and his english seemed to of gotten worse..

He said that he was going to get us arrested for stealing the cheque, and that he has contacts all over this country. We rang UPS, asking where the package came from, and to my shock, it had come from Russia. So here is me, thinking the Russian Mafia would be round, haha!

So my mum jumps on putta, and emails him, stating that my dad was a very high end police man, and could have him down as quick as anything, so she suggested he stopped sending emails, threatning ones at that.

He emailed back, saying something like "Listen, Mar, shutup right now, or I will have YOU down, VERY quickly.

So, we rang the police, because it's threatning behavour..I got all the email addresses he had used, got all the emails together, along with every ip address he had ever used..

Anyway, he never emailed back, so we left it!

haha he got owned

Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I get emails from ebay users all the time, how do I know they're scams? They come in on my gmail account which is not the account that I have registered with ebay.....haha

If you try and go through with the transaction with this person, they won't reply. They are just trying to get you to send them your info. If you send your info, you'll never hear from him again.

Best thing to do is just report it to ebay.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Old 10-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

but the best part is when he says im selling a portable DVD player wtf
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by john123
im selling my ipod on ebay, and some retard sent me this email. all i gotta say is "haha"
John, have you thought that it could be a scam, I don't see how it would work, unless you are holding money in your ebay account, & he is after that, this Mr what-ever-his-name is, may the front for a large scam consortium.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I can't really understand what he's saying.... he needs some grammar help.
Thats because his from nigeria with all the other scammers
Old 10-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
John, have you thought that it could be a scam, I don't see how it would work, unless you are holding money in your ebay account, & he is after that, this Mr what-ever-his-name is, may the front for a large scam consortium.
Have you tried reading through the whole thread, its obviously a scam. He clearly states this in his 1st post..

what is up vanilla face
Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Thats because his from nigeria with all the other scammers
I never knew that. just curious, why are a lot of scammers in overseas countries???
Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #19
Beta Member

I think the scammers are mostly from overseas because they are very poor and desperate there. I found this site because this same guy wants to rent my timeshare. I did a google search on his email address and found this forum. He hasn't asked me for any personal info yet just wants to know how much money so he can cut the check. But I was worried about the grammer and thought it was odd he has been vague about the date he wants to use the property.

Thanks for saving me from a costly and embarrasing mistake.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #20
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

woh now, no grave digging please.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
Closed Thread