Had a slight issue today...

mark thorpe

Golden Master
As i was driving into college today, the car went absolutley crazy, alot of noise and bumping.. so pulled over, and this is what i saw under the bonnet:

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

yeah.. yay for broken engine mounts.. the guy said that one of the bolts was probably broken when i bought the car, and it was just a matter of time until the other one went..

apparently (by the amount of rust on the sheared bolt) ive been driving around using one bolt to hold my engine up...

"well theres your problem"

dam, that sucks, sry to hear

i was driving to my last day of lifeguard training, and my wheel fell of on the highway. turn out when i got my new tires, the garage ppl forgot to tighten all the screws as tight as possible.

yeah.. the RAC guy's response was 'bloody nora, thats screwed'

lol..

got a day out of college for it though..

Bloody nora?

Is that like, "Holy sh*t"?

Haha

What kind of car is that? Nothing I've ever seen.

thats a seat leon, 1.9TDi

i was like holy sh!t when i opened the bonnet.. made a hell of alot of noise, so i knew it wasnt good.. wasnt expecting that though lol

Dude, yesterday I was at a park with my friend. He was practicing stick cause he just got a new old car lol. Well, he tried to put it into 3rd at 35mph then slowed down and tried to down shift. Next thing you know we hear this thing hitting the ground, he stops, and we see this circular piece rolling in front of us. It was the piece that runs the engine, power steering, and air conditioning. The steering wheel was really hard to turn because it wasn't powered, then he locked it by accident. The car wouldn't start and we didn't know how to unlock. Then we were there for like 2 hours. 3 people stopped by and said we had to toe it. His dad came and made it so it was able to run. He drove home with the piece in the trunk. He's going to send to a shop this weekend.

That stinks. When I got my car an engine mount had to be replaced. Glad it didn't happen to me.

My car started making a weird noise while driving. It's like a griding or scraping sound. It's not quiet either. It only happens sometimes. It will cut on and off. As I slow down, the grinding sounds sound slower, and when going faster they sound faster... I just opened my hood and played with the throttle and I can't really find the source. I looked under the car and there definitely something leaking... Anyone know enough about cars? I'll have to ask my dad since he's a Ford guy, but because of the hours he works I don't see him often...

I still need the car for another 6 months at the least. This is the first problem that really has happened that seems major. It still drives, it's just annoying, and doesn't sound too great for the engine to be doing that.

Is there a possibility of bad gas? I thought that's what it was when it started, so I topped the tank off (half a tank) with mid-grade gas. It hasn't seemed to improve anything.

wow never seen that happen to a car before. i know a fair few of mechanics so i might show that to some of them and see what their impressions are.

Mark Thorpe said:
Had a slight issue today...
Quite the "Master of Understatement" aren't you :D

Farking bad luck there mate, surprised a vehicle inspection didn't pick that up. (assuming you have regular inspections there)

Quite the "Master of Understatement" aren't you :D

Farking bad luck there mate, surprised a vehicle inspection didn't pick that up. (assuming you have regular inspections there)

If inspections over there are anything like over here where I get mine done, yeah, they check the lights and look under the hood... That's about all they do, lol. Makes it easy, in and out fast, but there are probably a lot of vehicles that pass and shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom