Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2006, 04:31 AM   #31
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,855
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Wow there's certainly some homophobia in here, it's a good job Giancarlo is not a member anymore. He would be very upset with macbook...
__________________

__________________
Wombats do it in the dark.
Wombät is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:41 AM   #32
Daemon Poster
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

man - i dont find that upsetting at all...

all this media hype is making more and more people gay/lesbian... whatever...

edit this post or what not i dont mind...

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve..
__________________

__________________
IBM - Idiots Become Managers
Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:48 AM   #33
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
man - i dont find that upsetting at all...

all this media hype is making more and more people gay/lesbian... whatever...

edit this post or what not i dont mind...

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve..
#1 It's a proven medical fact that you cannot change peoples sexuality. Did you choose to be straight? Do you think that suddenly you could start liking people of the same sex or opposite sex?

#2 When you live in a country with a seperation of Church and State, god does not matter. Homosexuals, hetrosexuals, transgender, lesbians, etc are granted the same rights as hetrosexuals. If two straight people are allowed to get married and it is recognized as law, so should a same sex couple. If the church wants to run the laws on marriage, than marriage should no longer be legally recognized by the country.

#3 Not all religion is homophobic. Their are churches that willingly marry both straight and gay people, as well as their are religions that will openly accept us. I have seen it many times before. Their's an Anglican, Unitarian and United church that all willingly accept us around here.

#4 Religious rules are outdated, and many are not followed. Virtually nobody except menonittes follows religious closely at all. Isn't it also a (deadly) sin to plant two crops in the same field or wear a shirt made of two different types of fabric?
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #34
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
#1 It's a proven medical fact that you cannot change peoples sexuality. Did you choose to be straight? Do you think that suddenly you could start liking people of the same sex or opposite sex?
I've heard that some people have actually been mentally damaged because they tried to change their orientation because they were taught it was wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
#2 When you live in a country with a seperation of Church and State, god does not matter. Homosexuals, hetrosexuals, transgender, lesbians, etc are granted the same rights as hetrosexuals. If two straight people are allowed to get married and it is recognized as law, so should a same sex couple. If the church wants to run the laws on marriage, than marriage should no longer be legally recognized by the country.
This is one of the reasons I don't really follow a religion anymore. They act as though homosexuals are bad people, yet in reality they are some of the nicest out there.

I'm brought up in a place where i'm supposed to believe in the morman religion, yet in this religion i'm taught that homosexuality is a sin. I'm convinced this religion is false, because I would personally know that people are the way they are. I questioned my sexuality a while ago, and thought that maybe I was homosexual, but I have found that I am not.

Lots of other people, however, have found that they are indeed homosexual and there is nothing they can do about it.

If this 'god' is so perfect and all loving like they preach, then he could understand this. But if all those church bastards can say is that it's wrong, after seeing they way these people truely are, then i'm convinced that the morman religion, as a whole, is nothing but a load of shit.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #35
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

To step on the stand and defend religion, it's mainly the warping of religion to cause homophobic views. Religious documents have been highly altered and mistranslated and can easily be misread. The bible mainly speaks against homosexuality in a domination way and the way of abusing young children sexually.

Also, in old times, in desperate situations where the population highly mattered, they did not want any homosexual behavior due to the fact that two guys cannot have children. Theirfor they were less productive to socitey in these times. However in these times homosexual couples are just as productive as straight couples, we don't need more children
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #36
BSOD
 
King of Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
man - i dont find that upsetting at all...

all this media hype is making more and more people gay/lesbian... whatever...

edit this post or what not i dont mind...

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve..
So because God isnt gay no one should 0_o .
Only reason Eve was there was so this whole thing could get started.
Who knows Adam could have went knocking boots with someone esle after his job was done...................The bible says no sin is greater than another,so even if gayness was the worst sin possable in Gods view,he would forgive it.
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #37
Daemon Poster
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

God will forgive all sins as long as the person wants to be forgiven and these gays/lesbians i dont think want forgiveness for this... because if they did, they wouldnt be gay/lesbian...

also its not natural, its not how things are meant to be, hence why you need a MAN and a WOMAN to have children... 2 woman or 2 men cant naturally have kids....

and also, you all have to admit, now that there are all these shows about gays and what not, there are all of a sudden a heap of more gays/lesbians around the place...

this world is become to tolerable of everything thats why its in the state it currently is in... im not blaming the world on gays or lesbians haha dont get me wrong...

i had a friend who was really close to me, he came out one day and told me he was gay... i told him, i dont love you any less but i am disgusted at the fact... he knows how i feel about his gayness, but i still treat him fair becuase i know he is a good guy...

i dont hate gays/lesbians.... i just think what they do is FREAKING WRONG!
__________________
IBM - Idiots Become Managers
Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #38
BSOD
 
King of Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Quote:
God will forgive all sins as long as the person wants to be forgiven and these gays/lesbians i dont think want forgiveness for this... because if they did, they wouldnt be gay/lesbian...
How could you say that? Thats a crazzy thought.As said before I dont think you have a choice to be gay or not.Im sure most or all gays would go to church like anyone else,if they werent looked down on.
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #39
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombät
Wow there's certainly some homophobia in here, it's a good job Giancarlo is not a member anymore. He would be very upset with macbook...
Same. Giancarlo wouldn't mind the tolerant Christians, but what Macbook said...this thread would be a war.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #40
BSOD
 
User name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 128
Default Re: Had to post this because it really touched my heart.

Adam and Eve are fake to begin with so I will put that aside.

I realize this thread was made to appreciate gays/lesbians. Honestly though, in 2 more pages this thread will be locked due to some more wiseass comments such as macbooks.

Why make these threads and get into a big discussion about it.
__________________

User name is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0