To the Guitar People

I've always wanted a G-400. I just think it'd be neat to have 3 pickups...I'd get the silver hardware though. Just preference.

I haven't played an Ibanez for a very long time. I just don't like the look so I never bothered.

Guitar Center was bought out by Muscian's Friend. so you are basicly buying from the same source, I do recomend go TO the store as opposed to buying online, unless you know Exactly what you want. this way you get to playwith a few different models and get exactly what you want.

Apologizes to the board, wasn't meant to be spam, just a helpful link. :)

Other way around...MF got bought by Guitar Center. Same with Music123 and a few others.

To clarify some things:

1-Starcaster is Fender's absolute lowest model line. They're below Squier. Actually, some of the models, namely the basses, are exactly the same thing as the Squier Affinity series. However, most of them are sub-affinity, which is pretty bad. So yes, they are indeed crappy guitars. That's not to say there's not a gem or two among them, but in general I wouldn't recommend them to anybody, even as a starter guitar. It may very well be impossible to get yours to play right without major maintenance like fret leveling and a nut replacement. However, I doubt the tuners are a problem. If you divebomb on the the whammy bar a lot, that's going to happen..even on a more expensive strat. It takes some really good hardware to set one up so that it stays in tune properly.

2-Acoustic is the same as electric as far as theory and tunings, but the technique is very different, especially if you have a nylon-string acoustic.

What amp do you have, TS? A $500 guitar isn't going to sound any better than your current one through a crappy amp.

edit: Also, do you know how to set up a Floyd-Rose, or use one in a song? If not, I'd just stay with a fixed bridge. They have MUCH better tuning stability and ease-of-use.

I have experience with most major brands. :)

Yeah, that's no joke one of the worst amps you could have gotten. Spiders sound terrible anyway, but the little ones are just horrid. Make sure you upgrade that.

Ibanez is good quality. Schecter is another good brand for that price range/style, as well as ESP LTD and maybe Washburn. Peavey has some good stuff but the style isn't for everyone.

The best deals around, IMO, are the Agile models from rondomusic.com, though right now they mainly just have Les Paul copies. If you can get an Agile Interceptor, though, go for it. They're amazing.

Marshall is good, but overrated in my opinion. And this causes them to be overpriced.

Here's what I got (was $300 when I got it) and I love it. Seems they no longer make it. Looks like the FlexWave series may have replaced it? Not sure.

^ The company as a whole generally makes good stuff. The MG line, however, is terrible. It's all solid state with awful effects and muddy, way-too-bassy tone. I once did a blind test on ultimate-guitar.com that confirmed the MG100HDFX to sound better as a bass amp than a guitar amp. The main complaint was that the tone was too bassy...as in there was too much low end even for a bass. The MG4 line is a bit better, but they still have the bad build quality and absolutely horrible speakers.

Back
Top Bottom