guitar

steel string. unless you're playing classical music :p

I'm not sure that rule is enforced by the music cops.... lol

seriously I have a Nylon string Ovation and a D-15 Martin and love em both. They have different feels and sound. The nylon strings are easier on the fingers and trust me you will get sore finger tips.

The advice on a tuner is priceless. The best money I ever spent.

I'm not sure that rule is enforced by the music cops.... lol

seriously I have a Nylon string Ovation and a D-15 Martin and love em both. They have different feels and sound. The nylon strings are easier on the fingers and trust me you will get sore finger tips.

The advice on a tuner is priceless. The best money I ever spent.
This is the tuner that I have:
imagepop.asp

If you end up getting an electric or acoustic-electric there's a freeware chromatic tuner for PC called etune. All you need is an adapter so you can plug into your computer's line in. Seems to work very well. Just so you guys know, it's a cool program.

I just started about 8 months ago on electric (I know, shame on me, but it's fun) with a Fender Squier Strat in drop B tuning. This summer I'll probably get a PRS SE electric and a new amp because I need more than 10W. I'd like a chance to play with all kinds of tunings and a nicer additional guitar would help with that.
Thoughts on this one guys? I'm pretty set on it in black, can't decide whether I want the trem or not.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=519371

go to a shop, sit down and play some guitar, get a feel for what feels good in your hands.

bear in mind that Nylon guitars are usually shorter, with wider necks and the strings are physically thicker than the steel strings of an electric guitar, (or a steel strung acoustic guitar).

different neck shapes on an electric guitar will make for a different feel as will the different bridge set ups,

different gauge strings make a difference as well. so really your best bet is to go and see what you feel comfortable with,

shop owners are usually more than accommodating of people who just want to play guitars to get a feel for them.

go to a shop, sit down and play some guitar, get a feel for what feels good in your hands.

bear in mind that Nylon guitars are usually shorter, with wider necks and the strings are physically thicker than the steel strings of an electric guitar, (or a steel strung acoustic guitar).

different neck shapes on an electric guitar will make for a different feel as will the different bridge set ups,

different gauge strings make a difference as well. so really your best bet is to go and see what you feel comfortable with,

shop owners are usually more than accommodating of people who just want to play guitars to get a feel for them.

amen brother :p

Good advice "Root". I started with a classical, the soft strings and wide neck seemed easier to get to all the strings comfortably.. but as you said " what you feel comfortable with" is what matters.

D-Lew that looks like a nice ax, I don't own an electric,so won't offer any advice, but have had good experience with Musicians Friend. I got my Martin from them and am extremely pleased

steel string. unless you're playing classical music :p

recently I'm finding that the Spanish guitar (nylon) is all I'm playing regardless of style just for when I'm practicing. (despite also having an electric and two steel strung acoustics sitting right next to that guitar).

Martin
Taylor
Takamine

all make good, yet expensive acousitc guitars

Fenders also make a more budget friendly acoustic guitars, and would recommend them over epiphone.

i don't even care about brand, go strum on a few different guitars and go for whichever sounds best (unless it turns out to be exceptionally expensive then go for the second best one lol).

Back
Top Bottom