gta 360 vs ps3

Pros and cons I've gathered:
Pros:
360: Better draw distances
PS3: (In my opinion) Smoother animation, picture, fire, and framerate. Free online service.

Cons:
360: Live - not free (most will debate whether this is a con or not though..)
PS3: Shorter draw distances (only noticeable in the video while in the helicopter around the city.)

Though I have heard both versions of the game have had freezing issues.

I would definitely have to say that paying for live is not a con. you can get 13 months for $45. Thats 3.46 a month for online play of any game you own. Your paying for it because it can hold a higher load of gaming and is stable. People with ps3's have already been complaining about getting connection to online for gta4.
Oh yeah, I bought it on xbox because I don't own a ps3 (yet..) and that's what all my friends play on anyway.

Basically, the Xbox 360 has more vivid colour production than the PS3. Thats what I noticed the most.

I would definitely have to say that paying for live is not a con. you can get 13 months for $45. Thats 3.46 a month for online play of any game you own. Your paying for it because it can hold a higher load of gaming and is stable. People with ps3's have already been complaining about getting connection to online for gta4.
Oh yeah, I bought it on xbox because I don't own a ps3 (yet..) and that's what all my friends play on anyway.

As a PC gamer, I will always have trouble swallowing the idea that I should pay a fee for something I have been able to do for free on PC for years now.

Also, while the ps3 is having some issues, the 360 is not exactly protected from downtimes either. I for one am less forgiving a service going off line for any period of time when I am paying for it.

But sadly, the 360 will have the larger player base, and the better graphics along with DLC will sway more people I'm sure.
I'm gonna get a PS3 here soon, but I can't shake the feeling that most of the games on there are just handicapped versions of better games on the 360...

but ps3 you dont need to pay for xbox live, nothing better then free unlimited GTA 4 online

When the damn servers are working! I gave up this week trying to get online with the game. I got one Multiplayer game in and was like cool the PS3 version is back up. I left for town for a bit and when I got back home it wasn't working again. So I said screw it I've got to work this weekend I'll let the teething continue and hopefully when I get off Tuesday hopefully they will have a patch and some better server support.

no, it doesnt. its just a setting you have to fix in the system settings on the ps3.

I agree with your statement. You've got to tune it for optimum results. By default I couldn't even see the numbers on the dart board when I first played it was that dark. I tuned the settings in both the PS3 direct and the brightness and contrast in the game.

Theres settings for that in the Options on the PS3 itself?!

Then again, saying that, the latest firmware crashes when I try to enter Settings anyway. Freezes up the entire system.

They obviously didn't optimise for the vids then, because from the video in the comparison, the Xbox 360 has a lot more colour.

Back
Top Bottom