Grr

Yea I'm not going work on his PC until he pays me for it and we do it aws a client-TDP reletionship.

Nik00117 said:
Ok my dad DLed some movies *off easyuse.net or somthing 100% legit because you PAY FOR IT so its not a illegal topic* Anyways he was getting upset so I came to help I asked whats the problem he said windows media player isn't WORKING I went what are you trying to do he said play this movie he said he Dled it and I knew what the problem was AND STILL DO! So I said ok let me install a codec pack. Well he had a lot of other stuff he uses kazaa a lot and lets say he don't know what spyware is. Anyways so after about 30 mins of trying to get this codec pack to work because of the way he maintains HIS COMPUTER is terriable I finally got installed I tell him to simply play the movie forgeting he has change a setting well he blows up because windows media player doesn't work... I look at him like wtf dude, YOU DON'T USE IT. Then he went how am I supposed to play it! I went codec pack, he went I don't got that I go yes you do he goes shut up and go to your room you don't know what your talking about.

Well I knew he'd be calling me to fix somthing again so I gave him a business card and told him next time he needed computer help he'll e-mail me and schedule a appoitment and pay me, and I won't deal with him and try to teach him somthing new when he is too short-fused to work with for free. Hes still wondering why windows media player don't work and forgets he needs to play the movie on the codec pack not windows media player.

Just makes me mad when you try to help someone and they blow up and you'll like dude clam down listen and maybe we'll get idk somewhere? He blamed me for screwing up his computer when in fact the error is inbetween teh chair and keyboard. After him going on and on I simple said my fav quote when somone is doing somthing really stupid "the defination of insanity is doing the thing over and over again expecting a different result" he didn't get it...

Also technically hardware wise his computer is faster. Yet due to my maintence of my computer it runs MUCH FASTER so a tip to new computer users maintaince is important and it does affect your MACHINE!
i have the same problem... IMPATIENT PEOPLE!!!!

I'm pretty lucky, when my family and friends ask me for help with there computers they shut there mouth's and let me go about my business.

Plus they all know i know more then them.... :p :p :cool:

Dosen't matter what country, there will always be impatient and patient people, it just can't be avoided.

Frankly my dad has learned his lesson he came to me handed me 75 bucks and asked me too hook him up with a few websites, and fix his computer. It was a basic video card driver, and getting all his software together and deleteing what he didn't need... I had it fixed when in 2 hours most of that was searching for a good ATI driver because ATI don't make em for laptops. Anyways I went downstairs I showed him a few tricks and said "do you want to start pulling your foot out of your mouth now or later" handed him his coputer and left to go spend my 75 bucks on guild wars fractions O YEA!

It wasn't extactly easy money took me a while to fight off evil spyware., in fact on a normal customer that kinda thing would of made about 120 bucks with house call and everything else due to trouble shooting, software, XP optimization, so yea.

I would of done it for free for my dad, but he was such a prick about the last few times i've helped him I charged him.

Back
Top Bottom