Greetings... I am John Kendrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am John Kendrick a freelancer from Romania, surfing the internet is like a passion to me. I love to make new friends and know more people.

I was searching for some informative and interesting forum on the google and feel lucky I landed here.

Hope I can find many more friends here...!

Regards,

whaaa? i didnt even post that :S

came home tonight and saw this.

next stop: password change

That should almost be a rule for new posters with suspicious linguistics. Just google their entire post. Normally shows up on multiple forums in the exact wording.

As for why they do it? Some have links in their sigs or in the text that have viruses or attempt to sell you something.

The idea is if they post a few times without spam, they stand more chance of having their links show up later. A lot of forums these days work on the "if you're new and your post contains links it has to be approved" line (which incidentally I think is a good idea.) Bots have caught on however and in an attempt to get round that they'll try a few "welcome" posts first that don't contain any links, wait a bit and then start spamming.

Of course, I could be wrong and that might not be the case here - but I've seen that happen more than once previously.

Well, the bots gone. If it wasn't a bot, I wouldn't as a forum user, post the same welcome on each site.

I think these bots would work more on forums with a lot more activity of new members where they'd go unnoticed, but not here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom