Great story

David Lindon

Golden Master
I was on my way home from work and got off the train. I had cycled to the station today but had found my front wheel had been stolen from my bike with the frame left as is. I reported the incident as there is a police station next to the train station and having had many bikes stolen assumed that was the end of it.

I called a friend to ask for a lift home who brought they camera to take pictures for the police report.

On my way out from picking the bike up I saw a guy working on the wheel of his bike but didn't think anything of it.

Later on I got a call from the police who had found a suspicous bike that looked as if it had been 'made up' from parts that had been stolen and they asked me to come back and identify if the parts were mine. The bike had been parked round the back of some sheds ready for collection later today.
It was my wheel so they police cut the lock and gave me the wheel and then took the whole bike. Hopefully the theif will return to collect the bike and find it missing.
Very satisfying to atleast get something returned from the many bikes I have had stolen!

lol nice, everyone over here in USA takes the front tire off their bike when they park it somewhere.

joxley1990 said:
Lol, sad people, can I just say Claud Butler are very nice bikes.
that sounds like an expensive name, you should invest in some like interlocking system for your bike :D

I would usually lock both tire and bike. Even bolted. Now, the only thing to fear is that if the guy decides to take the entire bike rack off.

Get a longer chain. Run it through your front wheet through the frame by the post.

Ive never heard of anyone stealing the back wheel, so then your totally safe.

Back
Top Bottom