Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
yashar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to yashar Send a message via Yahoo to yashar
Default great site

i'm coming from www.tech-forums.net. i was there since january. i had 520 posts there. it was a pretty good forum except for one big factor. the ADMIN and MODS where horrible. i tolerated it for a while but it got out of hand. they're just a bunch of hipocrytes. but i found computerforums.org and i knew this place was a HECK of a lot better. i just wanted to point this out to you guys and don't make the same mistake as they did down in Tech Forums. i plan to have a long posting career here in computer forums.
__________________

yashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:28 AM   #2
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: great site

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here and you will find me very nice!
__________________

__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: great site

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashar
i'm coming from www.tech-forums.net. i was there since january. i had 520 posts there. it was a pretty good forum except for one big factor. the ADMIN and MODS where horrible. i tolerated it for a while but it got out of hand. they're just a bunch of hipocrytes. but i found computerforums.org and i knew this place was a HECK of a lot better. i just wanted to point this out to you guys and don't make the same mistake as they did down in Tech Forums. i plan to have a long posting career here in computer forums.
Haha ... I'm a member there ... didn't notice anything wrong with Mods or Admins ... but then again, I haven't been there in months.

Anyways, welcome.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Solid State Member
 
yashar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to yashar Send a message via Yahoo to yashar
Default

let me tell you with the new admin larry, its horrible there. one time this member was flaing another member and the mods just laugh. the member was making fun of him because of religion and culture and the mods just laughed. i send a pm to the mods an the ADMIN. but no action was taken and that member is stil posting spam and making fun of people. they're just a bunch of hypocrytes. they say don't make fun of people and don't double posts but they go along and do it. i was disapointed in them.
yashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: great site

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashar
let me tell you with the new admin larry, its horrible there. one time this member was flaing another member and the mods just laugh. the member was making fun of him because of religion and culture and the mods just laughed. i send a pm to the mods an the ADMIN. but no action was taken and that member is stil posting spam and making fun of people. they're just a bunch of hypocrytes. they say don't make fun of people and don't double posts but they go along and do it. i was disapointed in them.

Hmm. I'll take a look later.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:28 PM   #6
In Runtime
 
TheSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: great site

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashar
i'm coming from www.tech-forums.net. i was there since january. i had 520 posts there. it was a pretty good forum except for one big factor. the ADMIN and MODS where horrible. i tolerated it for a while but it got out of hand. they're just a bunch of hipocrytes. but i found computerforums.org and i knew this place was a HECK of a lot better. i just wanted to point this out to you guys and don't make the same mistake as they did down in Tech Forums. i plan to have a long posting career here in computer forums.
Welcome

This place is alot better than most of the other forums i go on or have been on (PBS and Dear Wandy are but a few). The Admin here is great, not unfair at all, and Rocker is a great mod, not unfair either, and the members are great, so far i haven't seen any (or much) spam and no arguments.

You will probably like this place very much, just like i do
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
Solid State Member
 
yashar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to yashar Send a message via Yahoo to yashar
Default Re: great site

i already do
yashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:36 PM   #8
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Yeah; I think its the advantage of only having two Staff; each who are very dedicated to the Forum! Some staff are just a bit wierd.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
In Runtime
 
TheSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: great site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Yeah; I think its the advantage of only having two Staff; each who are very dedicated to the Forum! Some staff are just a bit wierd.
Yup, usually having many staff is bad, as sometimes they dissagree. Less staff is usually the best
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: great site

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSickness
Welcome

This place is alot better than most of the other forums i go on or have been on (PBS and Dear Wandy are but a few). The Admin here is great, not unfair at all, and Rocker is a great mod, not unfair either, and the members are great, so far i haven't seen any (or much) spam and no arguments.

You will probably like this place very much, just like i do
That is because PBS is full of bitching, spam, flame wars, more bitching, and overly inflated egos .. as well as a bunch of people who think they can get away with everything, get caught and find themselves with a warning or deleted, then cry like little babies about it ...

Thanks for the kind comments too.

- Rocker -
__________________

Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0