Gran Turismo HD Demo

Its been out for a little while now but don't recall any threads up about it. For those of you that have a PS3 and enjoy racing games that have not downloaded it yet GET IT! Its actually a smaller download around 630MB and well worth it.

I can't wait till the final game comes out. I think this will really boost PS3 sales.

So here is what is included in the demo.

1. Only one track to race on but its fun. Normal forward then reverse mode.
2. 1 starting car then 9 Unlockable cars *List below hidden highlight to see don't if you like a suprise*
3. Time Trial mode then unlock Drift mode after unlocking all cars on trial mode.
4. After unlocking drift they have the same 10 cars with tuned settings.
5. Online rankings for the time/drift trials

I must say the game looks wonderful. It takes full advantage of 1080P rather than 720P like most of the games. A few things I like are they actually have drivers in the seat (If its a European car then there on the right hand side) In the drift mode you don't have to hit stupid lines you just can't spin out or hit the grass/wall, not like NFS were you have to drift on lines for points.

The actual track is rather short its just a small country track but lots of little S curves and sweeping turns for some fun. As I said the ranking system is great since it lets you see how you stand compared to everyone else playing the game.

Only downside to the game as with all the GT series is no damage. But for a game that looks/plays this good I'm willing to part with that.

If you look for the download its not in the racing game section which is odd. I forget exactly were I found it if anyone has a problem finding it I'll look it up again. I think its in one of the oddball downloads mixed with pay for downloads although this is free.

They do have a Prologe out which is like $39.99 and IMO a waste of money for a freaking demo. Sure it features more cars and tracks but its still a demo lol.

Car List
1. Suzuki Cappuccino 95
2. Mazda Eunos Roadster 89
3. Honda Integra type R 04
4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR 96
5. Infiniti G35 Coupe 06
6. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR 05
7. Lotus Elise 111R 04
8. Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec ll
9. Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car 95
10. Ferrari 599 06

I've been playing it for a few months now. IMHO, its not as good as I thought it would be in the driving feel/physics department. I've gotten used to the feel of Forza and some other games, but GT3/4 felt a bit better to me. That, coupled with the fact that the PS3 controller kinda turns me off, especially having those L and R buttons not be click-style buttons, but rather movable like the 360s.

I have it, and also the demo of Prologue but the free version from Japan.
I didn't personally like the HD demo, but Prologue is alright.

My friend imported Prologue from Japan since it's not out in N. America until spring. It's pretty fun, but I still prefer Forza Motorsport 2. Prologue seems rather...slow when you're driving. The motion blur is all tacked on so you never notice it.

Wow, I wish I had a ps3 to play this game! I hope it turns out to be as good if not better than the ones before it

It's not bad...only that you should watch out for people online. Some people are awesome and play by the rules, but some are complete dicks.

Some will use dirty tactics like nudging your rear when you're going into a turn so you spinout. I've seen some let you in on their rear to draft, then STOMP on the brake so you hit their rear and lose control, then they just speed off. Theres even a gang of guys who have similar tags and all they do is go around and box people in or bully them around on the track.

The penalty system only works if you go off track and on the grass for too long, then it cuts your engine power for 5 seconds. Polyphony needs to revise the penalty system...

It's really fun when you get a full game with proper GT players though. Very exciting.

Back
Top Bottom