Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

I would say the US, but that would make me prejudiced i.e. I don't do any traveling. We're quick to criticize so here's your chance to say who you think has done the best job.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Canada for me. But after all, it's just my opinion. Also, does Arnold count?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.
Our huge military budget is what funds tons of inventions and research not to mention one of the reasons we still have one of the best university systems in the world.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
MMM
Daemon Poster

I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

I think Canada too cuz if I said England well I would be wrong
Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.
The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowcon123 View Post
I think Canada too cuz if I said England well I would be wrong
We need John Prescott as PM, he'd tell it how it bloody well is.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
MMM
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.
Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.
It has a big part in it. Just like North Dakota is the most successful state here right now (lots of money in oil jobs and not a ton of workers). If there are tons of jobs and not a whole lot of people to work them, then there is a surplus of jobs.

With less people and a smaller GDP, the mining boom becomes a much larger percentage of your GDP.