Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 433
Default Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

I would say the US, but that would make me prejudiced i.e. I don't do any traveling. We're quick to criticize so here's your chance to say who you think has done the best job.
__________________

Tech Explorer is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
~Darkseeker~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.
__________________

__________________
EVGA SLI Micro Z68 // Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz // 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz // Overclocked ASUS GTX 660 Ti // Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 // Kingston Hyper-X 120GB // 2TB WD Green + 500GB WD Black
#JC4PM
~Darkseeker~ is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
In Runtime
 
1337G33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 190
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Canada for me. But after all, it's just my opinion. Also, does Arnold count?
__________________
"Yo moma is like HTML: Tiny head, huge body."
1337G33k is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.
Our huge military budget is what funds tons of inventions and research not to mention one of the reasons we still have one of the best university systems in the world.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.
MMM is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
rowcon123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Posts: 765
Default

I think Canada too cuz if I said England well I would be wrong
rowcon123 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.
The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
~Darkseeker~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowcon123 View Post
I think Canada too cuz if I said England well I would be wrong
We need John Prescott as PM, he'd tell it how it bloody well is.
__________________
EVGA SLI Micro Z68 // Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz // 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz // Overclocked ASUS GTX 660 Ti // Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 // Kingston Hyper-X 120GB // 2TB WD Green + 500GB WD Black
#JC4PM
~Darkseeker~ is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.
Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.
MMM is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.
It has a big part in it. Just like North Dakota is the most successful state here right now (lots of money in oil jobs and not a ton of workers). If there are tons of jobs and not a whole lot of people to work them, then there is a surplus of jobs.

With less people and a smaller GDP, the mining boom becomes a much larger percentage of your GDP.
__________________

__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0