Got in trouble at another forum....

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Man, I got an infraction on another forum for "apparently" initiating a group buy without the Admin's consent. Whoa did they get that wrong. I was furious at that and argued my case. I was arguing that I want to see if there's a group buy around the forum for an exhaust system and the mods thought I was making an attempt to get a Group Buy going. Aren't they strict?

Well, I got it reveresed and the Admin was deeply apologetic. The other members that replied to my thread made it "sound" like I was trying to get a Group Buy going when all I wanted was to see if there was one around so I could join, lol.

I'm back to being a good little boy now.

Group Buy are usually initiated by the vendor or representative of a company that makes or sells certain products. Then the products are discounted to people who sign up for it. It requires a lot of people to work and that is how they are discounted. If only a few people want the product, company is not really making any money that way. So if more people sign up to buy a certain part, the more the company can sell, and the more they are willing to give us a discount because we're buying a lot from them. Even at a discount rate, they are still making a profit so it's all good for everyone.

I am sure it is something bad, seeing as how you can get in trouble for it....

... Maybe it is like.... buying.... a... group?

Edit: Fine be all cool with your selling terms. :(

I just elaborated on it, lol. Yeah, it's just buying something in a group to get a discount.

Like on here for example, a vendor can come in here or whoever is selling a PC part we need and by permission from David, we can sign up for a group buy on getting a good deal for a 8900 series graphics card. Usually, vendors like to see more people before actually get one going. They'll take a poll first and if like a lot of people sign up, bingo, group buys happen and we get a nice video card much cheaper than retail.

It can be good business and really boost the forum's credibility too. Has David consider this? Someone put this in the Comments section.

It really depend on the person selling you the parts. Some that I've seen only requires 10 people minimum to sign up. Others require like 20 people at least.

Like the person selling CPUs would come on here and make an introduction and pricing info., and all that good stuff. If you want that part at the discounted group buy rate, you would simply reply back to the thread with your screen name and that you're interested. Once they reach 10 people or more, then it's up to the vendor to come back on here to review the list of members and collect the info somehow and prepare payment and delivery.

Some I've seen, you go to their website. But, I'm sure DAvid can benefit from this too. Vendors can help support ComputerForums.org and at the same time provide a service like this. They get customers and David get extra support for this site.

I missed out on the last exhaust group buy at the car forum I'm on. There are usually deadlines too for group buys. Everything is initiated by the vendor.

You should definitely suggest it to him, maybe through PM or something. I would love to get a discount on some stuff.

Doesn't the vendor have to initiate the group buy though, or do you advertise your site saying that vendors can come and initiate group buys?

I don't know if I've ever seen this in computer forums before but the car forums, whoa, there are a bunch of them. People are always inquiring on group buys for exhaust systems, intake systems, aftermarket pulleys, clutch kit, or anything that are generally expensive. Mostly high priced items and rarely do you see cheap stuff for group buys.

Where's Nexus at? He's on the Scion forum all the time so I'm he sees a bunch of these all the time.

G35x can sign up for the Maxima forums or Nissan General forums and he'll see the same thing. Wait, he's got his own website, lol--but it's Altimas.

Back
Top Bottom