ok now im going to do a 15 minute long analysis of internet speeds cuz im confused now
1. ISP's, when advertising, offer their internet in X ammount of megaBITS
2. when you are downloading a file, speed is given in kiloBYTES per second
3. so, that means when you have 5 megaBIT internet, you can download a file at a maximum speed of 640 kilobytes
4. internet is never measured in megabytes
5. when you go to a speed test like www.speedtest.net
, it test in kiloBITS/second
1. rudster stated that he has 640 kiloBIT internet, and that would mean 640 kilobits = 0.625 megabits
2. muz stated that he has 1 megabit internet, which is faster than rudsters 640 kiloBIT internet because 1 megaBIT is 1000kiloBITS (in easy words)
3. so then rudster later stated that he gets 80 kiloBYTES per second, which is the equivalent of the 640 kiloBITS
am i missing something?
so why is muz complaining about his internet being slow in the first place?