Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Got my new TV stand up finally

Man I love putting these things together. I put the stand all together then was trying to measure the back of the TV to see if it would fit on the standard brackets. I finally gave up took the top portion of the stand off and hooked it to the TV to see if it would fit without the adapter bracket. I was happy when it bolted right in so I took it back down and put it back together. I'm just glad to finally get it up. Can't believe 4 bolts holds that up.

Hows it look? I know the wires are not very clean yet I was lazy and exhausted. I suppose i'll rerun the wires tomorrow to hide them a bit better.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Got my new TV stand up finally

nice setup i dont even have a TV in my room, i never watch VHS tapes anymore, so if i want to watch a movie i just pop the disk into my computer, point my monitor up and climb up in to my bed and enjoy wish i had a multimedia remote though

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Nice dude enjoy :]
rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Very nice setup! Where did you get it?

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Nice setup. That'd be nice to have if I actually watched TV any. Whats the size? I had a friend that used to have a 60 or so inch TV, that thing was BIG... May have been bigger. It took up like almost the whole wall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
nice setup i dont even have a TV in my room, i never watch VHS tapes anymore, so if i want to watch a movie i just pop the disk into my computer, point my monitor up and climb up in to my bed and enjoy wish i had a multimedia remote though
That's what I do as well. I have a TV with a DVD player in my room, but it's just a 20" full screen, so it's going to be about the same size as my 19" widescreen, and I can use headphones with my PC. If I'm watching a movie with someone else I will use my TV and turn on the cheapo surround sound system that sounds fairly good other than the sub which will turn on and off randomly.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
In Runtime

Looks good man I like it
pooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Thanks guys! I got the stand down at Walmart TommyBoy. I looked around at quite a few and this one sold me cause it was one of the few with a swivel stand. As for the tv size Jesusfrk611 its 42"s.

I'm just happy to finally have it up. I had some of my audio/video stuff stacked which wasn't good cause I didn't have space for it without putting it on the floor.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

hey dude, can i come live with you? cept for the having dial up part, i would love to have the stuff you have!! although i would feel bad because i would own you at all the lan games
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax

I'm jealous.. If I were you it would be killing me to run my comp with it with HDMI.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
hey dude, can i come live with you? cept for the having dial up part, i would love to have the stuff you have!! although i would feel bad because i would own you at all the lan games
LOL When you start working you'll have all kinds of toys too! And yes you probally would own me at lan games but I catch on fast! I'm hoping something comes along this spring as far as some type of Hi speed or i'm going to relocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
I'm jealous.. If I were you it would be killing me to run my comp with it with HDMI.
I've got a HDMI to DVI converter for hooking up games. I'll have to get Crysis hooked up sometime although I don't think it will run to well at 1920X1080. Older pic when I got the TV with it hooked to my computer.