Got mugged, now the thief is going to sue me

Here in Cali if a burgler breaks into ur house u have the right to beat the crap out of them... just enough so they dont die =) at least thats what ive experianced lol.... on teh other side of things counter sue him for wasting your time....

How much is it going to endup costing you anyway? More than the $25,000 to settle out of court? Or maybe you could make the case public and some lawyer would do it free, lol.

hascet said:
In Texas your allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and I think your allowed to shoot anyone who breaks into your house, no matter if they're armed or not :D and they can't sue you for it because its a law
fedral law prohibits the use of firearms against unarmed attackers. the best thing for everyone is a stun gun. all it does is stuns them and most of the time knocks them out. my dad gave my mom one when we lived in seattle and she ran the paper route. she worked from 3-5am. we still have it too after like 10 years :D my dad shot it a couple of times in the air when he was showing i dont think anyone would want to come close to you unless they had a gun.

Stun guns are loud, they sound nothing like in the movies or on TV. It's like a loud, rapid, popping sound. Think full auto cap gun, just not as loud.

cabbspapp said:
Stun guns are loud, they sound nothing like in the movies or on TV. It's like a loud, rapid, popping sound. Think full auto cap gun, just not as loud.
Yeah, I've seen it used in reality police programmes, like a Chinese firecracker, it's loud because there's 50,000 volts in each charge, it's sense to use only if you've got one guy to deal with, it takes a little while to recharge, I went to see a demonstration when it was used on a volunteer, [not me, NO way!!] he fell immediately, in obvious agony, twitching violently as if he was having a fit, it doesn't last long, just enough to get the 'cuffs on him.

You want to hear a messed up story....

I was walking down the street and this guy tried to rob me. He pulled ut a knife and started thrusting it at me. I am trained in many martial arts, so it took little time to unarm him. I get hit in the face three times, then I snap. I broke his wrist, 2 ribs, and nearly bashed his head in {literally}.

The man went to jail; he was high on PCP when he tried to mug me. I was suprised that I won the fight considering PCP makes people abnormally strong and they feel no pain.

The messed up part is that he is trying to sue me for pain and suffering and I was only trying to protect myself. He had a weapon, was high on PCP, and was 30 years old. I am only a 17 year old young man. Now my lawyers are saying that he might win the lawsuit.

ANY IMPUT?

1st of all i can tell you that some people get so hard up for money that they will harm other's to get it, instead of making an honest buck themselves.

2nd of all , i would'nt worry about him trying to sue you for pain and suffering...Because by law, you have the right to defend yourself when your life is in danger. I would'nt worry about it. ;)

Brookfield said:
Yeah, I've seen it used in reality police programmes, like a Chinese firecracker, it's loud because there's 50,000 volts in each charge, it's sense to use only if you've got one guy to deal with, it takes a little while to recharge, I went to see a demonstration when it was used on a volunteer, [not me, NO way!!] he fell immediately, in obvious agony, twitching violently as if he was having a fit, it doesn't last long, just enough to get the 'cuffs on him.
ive never seen it used but when you shoot it in the air its not that loud...must be when you touch the prongs against something. never knew it had to recharge

if he does sue kick his ass again :D jk

rudster816 said:
ive never seen it used but when you shoot it in the air its not that loud...must be when you touch the prongs against something. never knew it had to recharge
When you think about, it has to recharge, all that lethal current is stored in a large capicitor, when it discharges in say, a person it drains quickly, & is recharged via a heavy duty battery, carried on the officer, on his belt I think, um, on what occasion would it be fired into the air?, surely not as a warning shot, remember, the twin electrodes that "inject" the current, are on two fine insulated wires, & if it was fired into the air, as you say, it could hit an eye, possibly the officer's.

Brookfield said:
When you think about, it has to recharge, all that lethal current is stored in a large capicitor, when it discharges in say, a person it drains quickly, & is recharged via a heavy duty battery, carried on the officer, on his belt I think, um, on what occasion would it be fired into the air?, surely not as a warning shot, remember, the twin electrodes that "inject" the current, are on two fine insulated wires, & if it was fired into the air, as you say, it could hit an eye, possibly the officer's.
he said it in this post...
Rudster said:
fedral law prohibits the use of firearms against unarmed attackers. the best thing for everyone is a stun gun. all it does is stuns them and most of the time knocks them out. my dad gave my mom one when we lived in seattle and she ran the paper route. she worked from 3-5am. we still have it too after like 10 years my dad shot it a couple of times in the air when he was showing i dont think anyone would want to come close to you unless they had a gun.

Back
Top Bottom