Got a Job!

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
For those who remember, I posted a thread awhile back about me being in a desperate financial situation. Well, we have made it so far with a little help from friends and family, but now I can finally help the situation myself.

I now have a job at my local KFC restaurant. I will be starting Wednesday.

I accomplised two goals I had set for myself earlier. Those are get hired ON THE SPOT for a job and to get a job that is above minimum wage. Right now it's above, but it will be minimum wage when it is increased, which I am perfectly fine with because I need this job. Badly.

It's $280 a week before taxes. ($560 every two weeks? don't remember if pay is weekly or bi-weekly.. before taxes... gah.) I am not excited to see what it will be after taxes... But its money and its going to help my situation.

Congrats! It's nice to see that you were able to get back on your feet (financially). Hope all goes well.

Had food anyway. Food stamps. I'm not gonna lie, food stamps are great. Oh, and my family actually needed them unlike some other families that I have heard about.

... How is it that drug addicts get more support from the government than people who actually desperately need help?

lol i know food stamps are awesome

We got then before because my mom got sick and didn't have a job

let's just say we left the store with 2 carts..... :D

Congratulations SimBoy. I need a job too although I'm nearly as desperate as you were. PS, don't worry about taxes, it won't take out a very large of part of your pay check. If you are in good health, you can request to not have to pay for health insurance, or SS. That can save you some money right now.

Back
Top Bottom