Got in a fender bender

Dot Cong

In Runtime
Yeah so I rear-ended someone today. Now I feel like crap. I was driving down a road that I've almost been hit on so I was watching side roads for morons who pull out in front of me, I was watching one car in particular, I passed them and looked ahead and there was this car just sitting there with their left blinker on. I hit my brakes as hard as I could, slid like 10+ feet and BAM! No one was hurt, my car (1996 Jetta) has two broken lights, a couple small dents and some other bent stuff but it doesn't look bad at all. The other person's car was an older Honda, the bumper was falling off and the back was quite dented. I know I'm a bad person but I'm just glad my car is still drivable. Anyways, just thought I'd share, hopefully you guys can make me feel better, my parents (mainly mom) made me feel even worse (like I didn't feel bad enough already for rear-ending someone). 18 years old and I've had one speeding ticket and one accident.

Also, police officer didn't give me a ticket, don't know why though.

You should feel bad getting in an accident, its unnecessary and this is entirely your fault. I've been driving for 4 years without an accident, and one of my parents drives everyday and has never had an accident.

I imagine enough people are giving you crap for this, so I'm not going to. Just learn from this and remember to pay attention to what's in front of you.

You should feel bad getting in an accident, its unnecessary and this is entirely your fault. I've been driving for 4 years without an accident, and one of my parents drives everyday and has never had an accident.

wow, a little on the brutal side. Accidents (hence the term) happen, yes, he may indeed be at fault but damn. Just because you've been driving for 4 years doesn't mean you'll never had one. Cool down.

OP, live and learn dude, you can't change the past so go on with your life and chalk it up to experience. Just make sure you learn from it and don't brush it off like it never happened.

Harsh but not wrong. There have been quite a few times now where if I had not been paying attention I could have gotten in quite a few accidents.

Nobody is perfect though. My dad, about 54 years old now, drives everyday. Got his license at 16 (or 18, don't remember) and has had one accident, which was just a few years ago. Technically not his fault, but he still rear ended somebody.

Feeling bad is better than what some prick that hit me did. One year in the school parking lot somebody rear ended me (I wasn't even moving..) and he makes up some bullshit excuse like his brakes are bad. Man, I would think better of him if he just straight admitted he screwed up, rather than being a douchebag and place blame on something else.

You know what...

The OP has admitted liability and will get stick for this for a while yet.

But even though he should be paying attention he wasn't and had an accident.

I ain't going to mock you for this. Just pay a bit more attention next time.

Don't worry about it, these things happen. Everyone makes mistakes and no one was hurt which is the main thing and if its just a few broken lights then it could have been alot worse. Just remember that driving can be dangerous and should be given your full attention

I almost did that too!! I was driving towards woodstock, and I was looking out the window at the bar where my friends and I had our flat tire incident in the middle of the window, and the F-350 in front of me was turning... It's a good think I was in my ranger which wieghs as much as a corvette so I could brake quick... if I was driving my moms van I probably would have hit.
I almost saw an accident today... Some idiot in a new SUV floored it around the corner in a 35 zone and must have had his foot on the pedal, and as he drove by me on the street I was waiting on to turn off of I thought I heard either a loud radio or somebody in the car scream.... Cause they were about to nail the cars in front of them at 50 mph in a 35 zone... I think they pulled the E-brake and hit the front brakes cause the back tires were skidding and they stopped QUICK and slid off the road a bit...
Then, at the stoplight right after that... A semi almost hit me!! He was turning, and he didnt go wide and wasnt even paying attention, and he had a long flat bed, 3 sets of wheels in the back... As soon as he started turning I was like.... "OH shit..." I was boxed in by other cars too so I had no where to go... I just waited and thought, "His Insurance" lol, I swear that thing came within 6 inches of my truck, and I didnt even think to honk...

Back
Top Bottom