Gordon Brown annouces tax rises

It's just a recession, it will happan again and again.

Anyhow, I heard VAT should be going back up again.

Their is 1 big story behind all this I think with what Gordon's doing

well vat is going to be cut from 17.5% to 15% on the 1st of december and it is scheduled to go back up to its origonal 17.5% on 1st january 2010 so there will be 13months of lower rate VAT , although tbh unless you are spending thousands its not going to make any real difference IMO

anyway what i think you are going on about is what David Cameron was suggesting on wedensday during PM question time , he was suggesting that Gordon Brown is going to raise the VAT to 18.8% at a later date probably in 2010 if at any time

Gordon Brown has just announced his new stealth tax by added a new income tax bracket of 45% for those earning > 150,000

This has been hidden by the announcement of the reduction of VAT from 17.5% to 15% - but stores do not necessarily have to pass this on to consumers. So are we likely to see any fall in prices? I don't think so. Fuel, alcohol and cigarrets have had their duty increased so as to not benefit from the fall in VAT.

Its not really a stealth tax, everyone knew that it was gonna happen the same time as they announced the VAT decrease

Back
Top Bottom