Google turns the lights out... So should we

not to bring up an oldish thread but i actually liked the black google search page alot more than the white mainly becuase it was less strainful on my eyes. so i found this:

http://www.blackle.com/

which is a custom google search site thats all in black and saves on energy and eyes
It said on Google that day that turning the site black actually doesn't save any power...which is why they don't do it year round.

Well it would.

LCD monitors I believe don't have to work as hard if showing black? (or would they use more since they have to turn to block out the back light...?)
At least the case is true with Plasma screens.

so did everyone turn off their lights yesterday. i did for half an hour (i had to compromise with my girlfriend, she was getting annoyed with me annoying her in the dark, it was funny but thats another story lol)

i didnt.. dont buy into the whole global warming thing, not gonna put myself out for it.. im being taxed enough for it, the least this 'global warming' could do would to not make it snow at easter weekend like it did..

plus... if it is actually true, and the world does warm up less planes would be used because it would be warm here and we wouldnt have to travel to get some decent weather :D lol, i like my view (not entirely serious.. but i seriously dont buy into global warming what so ever)

I didn't. It's not going to make a difference, my electricity is not provided by some nuclear power plant.

I don't buy into the global warming thing either.

Then I fail to see any relevance in turning the lights out. It seems like it would do more to save money than the environment.

because most electricity is generated using coal fired power stations.

I participated in this, even though my utilities are included in my rent already.

I wish this happened more often rather than like once a year. Maybe like once a month.

Back
Top Bottom