Google gives reason for why it is based on Linux

To keep things short, I'll just say they raise a series of very valid points.

Linux can be customised how you please - Windows, you pay for the whole package, even if you don't use it all.

it's good for them because windows based web pages sucks. Reading it onto a Linux distro is complicated

Nah i live in Australia lol :D
I might try Linux, tried working a livecd but that didn't work ... i'll partion me hard drive or something ;)

lhuser said:
it's good for them because windows based web pages sucks. Reading it onto a Linux distro is complicated
Windows based web pages??? I'm not sure I catch your drift there?

I assume you mean web pages that are hosted on a windows server?

IIS6 is more stable and has less bugs than Apache2 though...

Apache web server has little to do with Linux, it's open source yes, but it's available on all platforms, Windows, Linux, Unix.

Linux can be customised how you please
Thats assuming the people concerned actually know how to customise it!!
Whilst I agree it could be usefull to have a customisable OS, far too often I hear the fact that you can view and modify the source being touted as a great thing for Linux, but it's mostly said by people who wouldn't even understand how to go about editing the source!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not critisising you personally.

I bet mircosoft just wants more money. Its like WHO WOULDN"T WANNA USE OUR PRODUCT. They are good and all but trying to force someone to use it. Seriously I use XP for my desktop just because of use of use. But I don't like how thye shove some things down yoru thoart like IE and so on. Ive been thinking of attempting linux.

Back
Top Bottom