Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: google chrome or ie9?

I know everyone "hates" Internet Explorer becuase it's not "safe".

I've never used anything but IE and I don't understand how it's not "safe". It's not like I'm running around to sketchy sites, putting my info out there, and expecting my browser to keep it safe. Being safe on the web and with my info is my responsibility, not my browser's.

Use whichever one you want and like best.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Site Team

Accuvant Labs recently did a review of popular browsers and found that Chrome is safer than IE9 and FireFox. You can read about it here and their comments were thoughtful. Here's a quick overview from that report.

accuvant.jpg

Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
xxcobraxx

umm, firefox is at the bottom here, wow, what an outcome, I still use it tho for comfort, I'm so use to it, I don't slay IE, theirs nothing wrong with it, it does have it's bad things but don't they all.. anyway I prefer to firefox because I'm so use to it..
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

I don't hate IE because it's unsafe, I hate it because i could get up and walk to the hosting server of a website before IE gets me there.

Also, Unless you're a bit of a spack and don't know what you're clicking, Sandboxing and URL blacklisting is kind of gimmickey.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

Though not as arguement inducing, I believe this falls along the lines of Mac vs Windows vs Other OS's.

They all have goods and bads and you won't convince a user of one that the other is better. In all honesty it doesn't matter. Each does the job that it is designed for and at the end of the day everyone is generally happy with their browsing experience.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #16
Baseband Member

google chrome got damn slow on youtube.. or may be it was that "youtube slow loading" issue
Old 01-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkumar.p View Post
google chrome got damn slow on youtube.. or may be it was that "youtube slow loading" issue
It's probably just times where YouTube is under heavy load. Chrome is usually fine for me as are IE and Fx.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
Golden Master

I use a port of Chrome called Chromium (supports less stuff than Chrome itself) but on a Windows platform, it depends on what's the demand. Some actions runs better on IE, while other stuff will run better on Chrome or Firefox.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
In Runtime

I prefer Chrome as well. It's more up to date in terms of web standards (HTML5) than IE. Also, if you have more than one computer (or have an android phone or tablet) you can sync your settings to your Google account. This basically makes it a breeze to sync your bookmarks and extensions between computers. Plus, if you get a new computer, you just have to sign in to your Google account and all your bookmarks, extensions, history, saved passwords, etc will transfer over for you (and it's built right in so you don't have to download another extension).
What I'd recommend is switching to Chrome exclusively for a week or two and see how you like it. If you still like IE better, you can easily switch back.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
Golden Master

Not sure but I think IE9 is HTML5.

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
google chrome, ie9