Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #21
Daemon Poster

Default Re: good war movie?

LOL @ Rob Roy. Behind Enemy Lines is cool.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #22
Fully Optimized

band of brothers..... excellant... only the good movies make me actally sad T_T!! and this one did!

Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #23
Fully Optimized

thanks for those cantona
i think im gonna watch Apocalypse Now..again, but hey i got 2 1/2 hours
Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to connchri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona
How can anyone say Blackhawk Down is a good movie????!?!?! It is pathetic!!! seriously the most americanised, badly directed and most of all wooden acting ever seen since Lassie 3: Lassie Comes Home

Saving Private Ryan is a decent film but nothing special...Spielberg got all this hype over the movie simply becuase of the opening beach scene...people were screaming how "revolutionary...breath taking etc" it was?!!?!?! RIDICULOUS...sure it was alright but cmon hell will freeze over before Spielberg did anything "breathtaking"...if people wanted to see amazing and revolutionary camera work get out: The Man With A Movie Camera, and witness where Spielberg got his ideas from...

Also the ending to Saving Private Ryan was hilariously corny, a tear-jerking salute at the white crosses...

Now for truly great war movies hire: Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now, Downfall, Shindlers List, The Pianist and of course the great, original, and only All Quiet On The Western Front
Agreed
Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #25
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to cileskot

forrest gump lol
1.5gb Ram
19" Samsung LCD
cileskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

lol. thats a sort of odd... movie
Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona
How can anyone say Blackhawk Down is a good movie????!?!?! It is pathetic!!! seriously the most americanised, badly directed and most of all wooden acting ever seen since Lassie 3: Lassie Comes Home

Saving Private Ryan is a decent film but nothing special...Spielberg got all this hype over the movie simply becuase of the opening beach scene...people were screaming how "revolutionary...breath taking etc" it was?!!?!?! RIDICULOUS...sure it was alright but cmon hell will freeze over before Spielberg did anything "breathtaking"...if people wanted to see amazing and revolutionary camera work get out: The Man With A Movie Camera, and witness where Spielberg got his ideas from...

Also the ending to Saving Private Ryan was hilariously corny, a tear-jerking salute at the white crosses...

Now for truly great war movies hire: Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now, Downfall, Shindlers List, The Pianist and of course the great, original, and only All Quiet On The Western Front

Saving Private Ryan has the best battle scenes, but I do agree with you, Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now is probably the best in terms of the story. All Quiet On The Western Front is okay, I prefer the book instead. I've never seen Downfall but it looks interesting.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #28
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to connchri

Oh, I went and seen downfall at the cinema the week it was out. It's in German, but it's subtitled. It's so in depth, more to do with the final happenings of the Nazi regime. It highlights the people of germany plighs so well, leaves a gut wrenching feeling in your stomach. Historically perfect also - that was one of it's main points. The German people were victims of the War too.

When I went to see it, at the end of the movie, I left in the lift. In the lift were 5 old men, all with tears down their faces. 2 were obviously German, due to there accents, and the others British - all, due to their age, must have been war vetrens. Thats when it hit me how real this all really was, and how pathetic the Human race can be. That was in Glasgow about a year ago, maybe more.

You gotta see that movie.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #29
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
FTW?

I dont know what term means, LOL

Anyways, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, and really those are the only semi-realistic that I have seen. We Were Soliders is a great one.
I found We Were Soldiers painful to watch. It's boring.

Saving Private Ryan, Hart's War and The Pianist are great war movies.
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #30
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

We Were Soldiers was better than Hart's War. Bruce Willis and Colin Farrel made it a bit corny. They should've had the Germans actually speak German which would make it seem more authentic. Take Saving Private Ryan for example...you hear the German soldiers yelling and shouting in German, not english, this makes the battle scenes more exciting because it's more authentic. Same with We Were Soldiers, the NVA soldiers spoke in Vietnamese, not english.

The Pianist and Schindler's List sound good, but I've never seen them. Of all the war movies I've seen, the best are probably Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, Deer Hunter, and Apocalypse Now.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote