Good reliable Broadband companies for the UK

dude_se said:
a good reliable internet is my neighbours lool

43hwlk8.jpg

but i would say bt is very reliable, just expensive
Yay for neighbour's internet. Too bad all of my neighbours are WPA-secured and I can't get broadband on this street.

dude_se said:
a good reliable internet is my neighbours lool

43hwlk8.jpg

but i would say bt is very reliable, just expensive

I don't even have mine secured. There's nobody within wifi distance of us, our closest neighbors are probably 200 feet away through a bunch of pine trees and there aren't any other wifi devices around here. I already screwed up the router once by resetting the default settings so the internet company had to fix it, I've thought about enabling security but I don't think I really need it since nobody is around here.

Anubis1980 said:
My bro uses orange, he has so many problems with them. Now theyre paying himm 200 pounds, giving him free modems etc lol and paying his BT phone line. My brother is a great bitcher lol, dont wanna mess with him on a fone ;)
yeah , i am on orange , its pretty cheap but after you get past that its rubbish, i have been unable to connect for hours at a time they sent me a faulty modem , also you a tied to a 12month contract so if you wanna leave you have to pay like £100, my 12 months are over in july or august and i cannot wait , am gonna go with BT unlimited hopefully or tisscali are good i have heard

I tried posting yesterday in this thread but it was being a pain, so here we go again...

I would recommend NTL (Virgin Media) I have been with them over 5 years now in numerous different addresses and I have never had a major problem with the cable internet.

To me they are relatively cheap in regards to the package that I have right now, which is 4meg broadband, Full TV package with sports and movies (Minus sky 1 and Sky News :() but I am hoping that will be resolved pretty sharpish on that matter. Also with the telephone packages, free national and local calls, and dirt cheap international calls.

I pay about £50 a month currently for that, but I get a £10 a month discount because I complained about losing sky 1 and Sky News.

The customer service isn't the best in the world, but it is getting better, so I would recommend them.

GlasseyeUK said:
I tried posting yesterday in this thread but it was being a pain, so here we go again...

I would recommend NTL (Virgin Media) I have been with them over 5 years now in numerous different addresses and I have never had a major problem with the cable internet.

To me they are relatively cheap in regards to the package that I have right now, which is 4meg broadband, Full TV package with sports and movies (Minus sky 1 and Sky News :() but I am hoping that will be resolved pretty sharpish on that matter. Also with the telephone packages, free national and local calls, and dirt cheap international calls.

I pay about £50 a month currently for that, but I get a £10 a month discount because I complained about losing sky 1 and Sky News.

The customer service isn't the best in the world, but it is getting better, so I would recommend them.

i wouldnt mine £10 a month off for 2 channels i never watch. they seem pretty cheap anyway

dude_se said:
i wouldnt mine £10 a month off for 2 channels i never watch. they seem pretty cheap anyway

Sky Sports News used to stay on my tv continuously throughout the weekend, keep on top of the football....it is sorely missed!!!

Well cept when there is a game on anyway...

Ive been with AOL since 98, never had problems with them (apart from their software, which i dont use anymore). I also got my price knocked down by £10 a month by telling them i was gonna cancel because i had been made redundant. I dont even think i would consider changing provider at the moment coz of all the problems in the UK with providers, and i dont wanna be left without a connection.

Raffaz said:
Ive been with AOL since 98, never had problems with them (apart from their software, which i dont use anymore). I also got my price knocked down by £10 a month by telling them i was gonna cancel because i had been made redundant. I dont even think i would consider changing provider at the moment coz of all the problems in the UK with providers, and i dont wanna be left without a connection.

Yeah mate I fully understand that one, to me, if its stable and working then now is a real bad time to change your isp, never know when you might get reconnected.

I had AOL when my modem was just 9600 it used to cost me a fortune in calls lol

GlasseyeUK said:
Yeah mate I fully understand that one, to me, if its stable and working then now is a real bad time to change your isp, never know when you might get reconnected.

What made you change from AOL then, was it price? Loads of people complain about them, but i must be one of the lucky ones coz i never get disconnected. The pc is downloading 24/7 and its uncapped. I dont know of any other top providers who arent capped.

GlasseyeUK said:

yeah , if you change at the mo try not to get an isp with a 12month contract cos there is a price war in broadband at the moment
Raffaz said:

have heard AOL are ok if you do not use their software and i have also heard there customer service is quite good , is this true

Back
Top Bottom