Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-05-2008, 07:24 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Good High School dance music?

Since the games coming out soon (no idea how good its going to be), the Ghost Busters theme?

I agree on Tiesto!

Beyonce gets people dancing too

Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Yeah, we have a decent amount of hip hop and Rap in the mix already, lol. I threw in Numa Numa, and I think I will add in some of that techno stuff you guys showed up there too.

What about the Nine Inch Nails? and Red Hot Chili Peppers? Should I throw in a song from each?

Old 12-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
Golden Master

I didnt have time too get a whole lot of songs from you guys. I added Great DJ, Numa Numa, and Scooter One(always Hardcore). Great DJ was right near and audioslave song, which we we had to skip past a whole section there which also included Numa Numa, as people didnt like rock at all... But Scooter One was a great hit! I was going to play it again later on because it was requested again, but some kid passed out...

So, our selection of music was so good that someone passed out they were dancing so hard... that was at about 9:45, he had been there since 7, and the dance had only 30 minutes left, so we cut it short.

For equipment, we had a Mic, 70s light board, Big Old amp, 2 spot lights, a psp, and two big ass speakers. And people want us back for the next couple dances!! The turnout of this dance was a bit small, but there were enough popular people to get the opinion of everyone else towards us too, lol. I think people liked it, because our friends could come up and play with the lights a little bit, and then there friends got spot light and whatnot, and everybody knows my friend Ryan who did all the talking, lol. And we could still go down and dance a little bit.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
All right, I'll try your suggestions. There is some version of Rhiana song I think that starts out like Numa Numa, lol.

I think I will throw one Rage song in, Wake Up AKA Matrix Theme. Killing in the Name of has too many swears... lol

How bout some Red Hot Chili Peppers? Think they would be ok? Suck My Kiss or All Around the World?
TI's new song featuring Rihanna starts with 'numa numa' song is called 'Live your life'

(really annoying monologues at the beginning.)

If you could get killing in the name of before people realise there's swearing in it that'd be cool. It's a great song.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

I can't believe I missed this, but here are some song tips:

You have to be able to grind and/or jump to all but the slow songs.
If you can jump and/or grind its not fun
Soulja boi is not cool anymore. No one remebers the dance.
Musical Cha-Cha is always fun (is that the right title?)
Techno isn't fun unless people there are on x.
Play Jonas brother, and you will be killed by every male there before all the females can tell you how much they love you.

Slow Songs:
I don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith (heck, if you play the 9 lives album you will have a lot of good songs)
Lights - Journey
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers. If you don't play this you might as well kill yourself.
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Wonderwall - Oasis (maybe a little fast. Can you slow it down a tad?)
I would do anything for love - Meatloaf
Keep On Loving you - REO Speedwagon (you may be killed by one or two people there. Just don't invite me if you play this)
You could probably play some Porcupine Tree and have it work for slow dancing if you tried. Can't think of any song that would work off hand though.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #16
Golden Master

I was going to do Killing in the Name of, but I didnt have time to be editing songs and all. Is there a program for cutting mp3s and that fun stuff?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Play TRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
I was going to do Killing in the Name of, but I didnt have time to be editing songs and all. Is there a program for cutting mp3s and that fun stuff?
Audacity is pretty good.

And if you should decide to play "In the name of god" (a progressive metal song) I want a video of it. I don't know why I thought of that.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Audacity is pretty good.

And if you should decide to play "In the name of god" (a progressive metal song) I want a video of it. I don't know why I thought of that.
lol, what til you see the video from this dance... It was a fundraiser for our multi media journalism class, so we had to take a video...
Old 12-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

How about some of this?

|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote