Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Good deal on DVD-R's on Newegg

Newegg has done it again with their amazingly low prices. I just noticed a 100 pack of DVD-R's for 24 bucks and free shipping. Really good deal if anyone has the money to spend and needs some DVDs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817131593

The only disadvantage is the fact they aren't RW. I also don't like that they aren't dual layer, but that is a really good price for what you are getting.

They also have +R's for the same price, so if you need those here they are: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817131594

These things just keep getting cheaper and cheaper...

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Good deal on DVD-R's on Newegg

Eh, I've got Taiyo Yuden DVD+R's for 17.99 per 100. Better deal.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

True, but this is a US site. At one point, Newegg did have the Taiyo Yudens for 17.99, I think, but I don't think they still have that deal.

Yeah, cheapest Taiyo Yudens on Newegg ATM are $35.99 with almost 8 dollars shipping, and they are only 8x speed.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Their's a good chance those DVD+R's are actually Taiyo Yuden manufactured disks. TDK does not have their own optical media factories.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Yep, there is a great chance they are Taito-Yuden disks.

Taiyo Yuden branded products are not common outside of Japan (where Taiyo Yuden media has a market share of about 60%) but unbranded CDs and DVDs are available from some online retailers. Rebranded Taiyo Yuden media can be found under Fujifilm, Fusion, Maxell, Miflop, Panasonic, Plextor, Sony, TDK and Verbatim Corporation brands [1]. In Japan, Korea and Greece, Taiyo Yuden is distributing its own brand "That's".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiyo_Yuden
Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #6
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSimBoy View Post
Yep, there is a great chance they are Taito-Yuden disks.

Taiyo Yuden branded products are not common outside of Japan (where Taiyo Yuden media has a market share of about 60%) but unbranded CDs and DVDs are available from some online retailers. Rebranded Taiyo Yuden media can be found under Fujifilm, Fusion, Maxell, Miflop, Panasonic, Plextor, Sony, TDK and Verbatim Corporation brands [1]. In Japan, Korea and Greece, Taiyo Yuden is distributing its own brand "That's".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiyo_Yuden
Add HP to that list as well, at least for their CD-R's. Also, FujiFilm does manufacture a great deal of their own disks.