Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #61
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
You ask very good questions. You have a right and a choice to be skeptical. That is what God wants. He wants you to trust him, have a relationship with him. Not to just know facts and know they are true. But to really believe.
God created man in his own image. God was not made. This is really hard to believe and wrap your mind around. The best of the best preachers have tried and it's very hard. But God never wonders about things, he knows all. Nothing has ever accrued to God, nothing surprises him. He is timeless, God created time. God is with you now, he is with in every pore in your skin. All you have to do is call onto him. You must come to him, not him come to you. You talk about the monster and a million years ago. What I claim is true only happened 2000+ years ago. Can you prove me wrong?

It is ironic that you talk about the rock being God. Because the bible says if there is no one willing to speak about God, no one to tell his story. The mountains the earth and rocks will cry out his name and story of God.

I can't make you believe what I believe, it is your choice what to believe. That is what God wants, what he would like you to do is to chose to believe, and rejoice for he is God and sing praises of his name. But this is your choice. I don't have the gift of prophecy. Which is why I am not going to become a preacher. I personally believe I have the gift of discernment Info.

Why is it when logical questions are asked about religion, we are always told it's belief. When you try to prove it's existence onto me, it's with facts and physical things? I have just disproved everything you guys have said before and what was said in the video. Where is your answer? Maybe you just can't apprehend the logic of science. The one that has proven everything that the bible claims god did.

"Yes, Christianity is the one true religion. That may sound awfully dogmatic and narrow-minded, but the simple truth is that Christianity is the only true religion. Jesus said that He alone was the way to the Father (John 14:6), that He alone revealed the Father (Matt. 11:27; Luke 10:22). Christians do not go around saying Christianity is the only way because they are arrogant, narrow-minded, stupid, and judgmental. They do so because they believe what Jesus said."

Really, now? Christianity isn't even the oldest religion. How can it be true if it happened after other religions? Hinduism is way older than Christianity. Well, Islamic prophets have predicted things thousands of years before their time. They predicted the world was round way before it was discovered. Their religion says allah is the one true god. That must be true as well. Wow, they are a lot gods where there should only be one. If "god" was in my pores, I too would be eternal. I would have the power to create things. Do I? Not really.


If you try to prove the existence of "god" with facts, make sure you have a better response than, "it's all about belief." If it really was about that, there wouldn't be a bible telling people what to believe is true. It would be whatever people saw the truth as in their own eyes.
__________________

__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #62
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: God gets owned:

But if there was a book telling people what to believe it would just be a "mindless zombie" affect again. Last time I checked there is no manual for life. We are all free to take it as it comes. The reason I do not contradict what you claim proves everything I have said wrong. Is because I don't believe you have proved any of it wrong. If it was that simple to prove it wrong then scientology would have done that a long... long time ago.

"I have just disproved everything you guys have said before and what was said in the video." Really? You have proof that God does not exist? Until then and even then, I will believe. You see I don't know enough to be able to come down to you and say this and that. Is true and this is not, again I am no preacher. God is in your pores... That doesn't mean you are God. God is in my heart I am a born again Christian. His spirit lives with in me, the holy ghost watches over me. That does not make me God.

I will continue to pray for you, and all on this forum. If you have any more questions I would love to answer them to the best of my knowledge. You are more then welcome to take stabs at me to disprove anything and everything I said. As for now until I see some more questions I know the answer to I feel that I have defended myself and my God enough. God bless you all, especially you Rohan.
__________________

vampist is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #63
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
But if there was a book telling people what to believe it would just be a "mindless zombie" affect again. Last time I checked there is no manual for life.
Uh, the bible?
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #64
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Uh, the bible?
The bible tells of true stories, written by man spoken by God. The bible does not tell you what you should believe. It simply tells you the truth.
Yet again.. You have choices.. You can choose to believe them or to totally disregard them. It's your choice.
vampist is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #65
In Runtime
 
remixedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 107
Default Re: God gets owned:

yep here comes the people to back up religion by telling us skeptics that our skeptism is what "god would want"....... LMAO!

the bible wasnt true stories it was a book written to crypically control people and it became a bestseller in the day....
remixedcat is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 AM   #66
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
yep here comes the people to back up religion by telling us skeptics that our skeptism is what "god would want"....... LMAO!
Yup. It is. If God did not want it, it would not be done. Then again this is not to say everything that happens is what God wants (like a little boy being hit by a bus).
God does not want this. It is just what is going to happen. Life is all planned out for all of us.
vampist is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #67
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
The bible tells of true stories, written by man spoken by God. The bible does not tell you what you should believe. It simply tells you the truth.
Yet again.. You have choices.. You can choose to believe them or to totally disregard them. It's your choice.
Why does it tell you to follow the teachings in the bible? It doesn't matter if you have a choice or not. If "god" wanted to you believe in it truly, there would be no bible trying to prove it's existence and teachings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
yep here comes the people to back up religion by telling us skeptics that our skeptism is what "god would want"....... LMAO!

the bible wasnt true stories it was a book written to crypically control people and it became a bestseller in the day....
Jesus was really crucifixed, but he didn't really come back to life. I like how they use facts to try to prove it's existence and use belief to back out of being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Yup. If God did not want it, it would not be done. It is.Then again this is not to say everything that happens is what God wants (like a little boy being hit by a bus).
God does not want this. It is just what is going to happen. Life is all planned out for all of us.
Then why do we have disease? To get rid of the people who don't believe. How come my grandmother died of cancer even though she never smoked, drank, didn't have premarital sex and prayed numerous times daily? Please go on and tell me. You do realize everything you just said is a contradiction, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
If God did not want it, it would not be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Then again this is not to say everything that happens is what God wants (like a little boy being hit by a bus).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
God does not want this.
Then why exactly does this happen?
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 AM   #68
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
So this is an open question to many of the various people posting here.

You have stated many times that such things as "homosexuality" and "sodomy" in general are sin's and immoral. Besides some books saying it's a "sin", what else is wrong about it? Why does god apparently forbid it?
Well personally let me just clear this up before i make this post i am neither religious or have any problem with homosexuality
But i believe one reason why homosexuality was a "sin" and punished with various punishmentss almost everywhere is because historically when a man had a son that son then bore the burden of carrying on the family line sons where much more important to men than daughters , henec why henry the 8th beheaded some of his wives because they could not bare a son . So if you had a son who was expected to carry on the family line and he turned out gay he was absoloutley no use to you . This is why i believe society is only seriously concerned with male homosexxuality for instance in england when active homosexuality used to be illegal it was only male homosexuality that was illegal there seemed to be no issue with female homosexuality
Therefore why IMO when religion was formed and the books where being written they decided to include homosexuality as a moral sin .
But i see no reason why in todays society we cant look past homosexuality we are no longer all noble and bothered about extending our family line as was back in history
The only reason it is seen as bad today is becuase society as a whole is still not completely tolerant of homosexuals and hasnt got over the out of date tradition that sons are there to carry on the family line this is partially fuelled by religion and its out of date teachings on it which i think is a shame because they are still people just like everyone else what business is it of us if they chose to have sex with other women/men . As long as they arent having sex in public i see no problem with this by the way i dont just mean that for homosexuals i mean that for everyone .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #69
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: God gets owned:

Does any one know the story of how the Bible came to be?
setishock is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 AM   #70
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,004
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Well God as pretty much made it clear what is bad and what is not.
Technically, God didn't write anything.

If you believe in religion, God inspired man to write the books of the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
People don't choose to be gay, which is a well established scientific fact.
Actually, it's not a fact, it's a well established and widely accepted theory, just like the theory of evolution. It may be touted as fact within the les-bi-gay communities, but since nobody has found the area of the brain and the way that it looks that determins sexual preference, and monitored it inside a developing child/feotus, I don't think that we could call it fact, there simply isn't the evidence to prove this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
4) It says in the bible "god" CREATED man. Then he went on to create women. Those are both genders, right? What gender is "god?" I think I saw "he" in the bible. Which would obviously mean he is a man. Why wouldn't he create woman first? I might be mistaken. If I am, what sex is "god?" It can't be both.
You saw he in the bible because the bible was written mostly by men, the same way the jesus is always white has long hair and a beard because he was mostly painted by renaisance artists,
in all likelyhood jesus would not have had white skin, (he was born in an arabic country), whether he'd have had long hair or not is debatable, but to be honest, I have long hair, (kids often call me jesus cause I look a bit like the paintings) and I can't really imagine wanting to have long hair and a massive beard in a really hot country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
The number of beasts in the ark
GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
now you're confusing two by two, (as in walking in a line two wide), with going in matching pairs,

e.g
cow cow
cow cow
cow cow
cow pig
pig horse
horse horse
horse horse
horse horse

that's a line of three varieties of animal, two by two and yet yes also seven of clean and two of unclean beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
If I told you there was a giant hamburger monster which brought up cows from the seas a million years ago, would you believe me?
well now you're just ripping off pastafarianism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
God was not made. This is really hard to believe and wrap your mind around. The best of the best preachers have tried and it's very hard.
you're not meant to question the eistance of god, or where god came from, god is eternal, and everlasting, you don't question, you just believe. -that's how faith works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
What I claim is true only happened 2000+ years ago. Can you prove me wrong?
I can prove you wrong with just as much reasononing as you can prove yourself right.

ok, here are the facts, about 2000 years ago, there was a census, all people went to their home towns or something like that, amongst there was a woman who was pregnant, and a man.
there was a person born who was named jesus. we know this as it is recorded.


the fact that a man named Jesus existed is fact.

now you believe that he was the son of God, you say that's a fact, and that the proof of that is in your belief.

I say that he was not the son of God, my proof of that is in my belief (or lack thereof).

You have faith that Jesus existed and was the son of God, I have faith that Jesus existed, but was just a regular man, (if not a gifted story teller/magician).

Prove me wrong.
you can point to miracles, if you like, but the first thing that I'll say is David Blane, -very good trickster, which I think that Jesus may have been.
You can point to the lessons and stories of morality, and I can point to a whole host of authours who have also written stories with a moral ending.

anyway, the challenge is down, I don't believe that Jesus was the son of God,
there must be some evidence or proof beyond a few good stories and a good way to lead life,
(and lets face it, a religious life would usually be a morally good life, where generally good things would happen, you'd feel good about yourself and the world etc -so there are a lot of benefits to leading a good life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
I don't have the gift of prophecy. Which is why I am not going to become a preacher.
you really think that preachers have the gift of prophecy?
that's even harder to stomach than the whole jesus son of God thing.
Someone rows up reading the bible, goes on to preach it to other people and you regard them as some kind of prophet?!
bible scholars are not always good people (let alone great people).
Now, I could point to the fact that the pope was in the hitler youth, but lets face it, he was young, and it's what all the cool kids were doing, so instead I'll just point to handfulls of preists abusing their congragation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Why is it when logical questions are asked about religion, we are always told it's belief.
because religion is founded on belief, you have to accept and believe in God before it can truely make sense,
(drink the kool aid!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
I have just disproved everything you guys have said before and what was said in the video.
I have to admit to having not watched the video, but I can't see an aweful lot of proof here, you found a handfull of contradictions in the bible, in books written by different people at different times.
now yes that may be true that there is not an unchanging word of God, -but deathbank already pointed out that it's even written in the bible that there are things that change.
it may also be true that you could argue that the bible is written by man, for man and has nothing to do with God, -but again that's just a belief.

as for saying that God doesn't live within you because you can't do anything miraculous.
perhaps you can, just that since God lives within all things, perhaps they can all do it? or are you saying that you want to feel special? god needs to give you the power of creation, (wait he already did that -you all know what I'm talking about!).
so what do you want? the ability to create sparks from your fingers, telepathy?

why don't you consider walking on two legs a miracle? very little other creatures on earth can do this? how about speaking, isn't that a miracle, God lives within you and you can speak, God lives within everyone so everyone can speak, but god doesn't live within snakes, so they can't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Well, Islamic prophets have predicted things thousands of years before their time. They predicted the world was round way before it was discovered.
Actually I believed that Islamic astonomers discovered that the world was round, not predicted it, what your quote should read is that islamic prophets said that the world was round before the rest of us believed it and made measure ourselves to discover this. it wasn't a prophet inspired by God (or Allah if you're a muslim prophet) it was a scientist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Yup. It is. If God did not want it, it would not be done. Then again this is not to say everything that happens is what God wants (like a little boy being hit by a bus).
God does not want this. It is just what is going to happen. Life is all planned out for all of us.
Now that is truely the worst reasoning I've ever seen.

if God didn't want it then it wouldn't happen,
but if bad stuff happens it's not necessarily Gods fault?
but the good stuff, well lets all thank god for that, why not thank God for cancer? why not thank god for death disease and accidents, surely God created all of them?
__________________

__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0