Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #51
In Runtime
 
remixedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 107
Default Re: God gets owned:

there was something really stupid in the bible about wearing multiple textiles was a sin.... this sums it up right there the sheer stupidity religion is. People belive any stupid shit they read in the bible just becuase they think "god said it" the words in the bible were written by the hands of man not "god".....

and another thing.... who gives a flying fuck? religion is dead..... it's outmoded, out of style, out dated, and was written by old men back a long time ago..... just to control people.......
__________________

remixedcat is offline  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #52
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

Why do we have a book of "god's word? Why can't he just come down and tell us himself? I have some questions. It's pretty clear cut that the bible says being gay is wrong. Why? That it doesn't say. Why do we have transsexuals and transvestites? That makes things complicated, doesn't it?
__________________

__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #53
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
People don't choose to be gay, which is a well established scientific fact.

Secondly, who would want to be gay? I know a ton of people that are gay, lesbian, bisexual and and for the main part, none of them ever wanted to be that way. Most struggled, hiding it in secrecy, wishing they could be straight. I can't think of many people that like to be discriminated against by a large portion of socitey, coming out of the closet often has a very negative affect in there group of friends and family, often loosing friends and being disowned by there family. If your in school and come out, you will be taunted and some people won't even talk to you, even in the most accepting liberal schools in North America.

Many people can never cope with the fact that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc. Gay male youth are over three times more likely to commit suicide, unable to cope with the fact that there are gay. And that's nothing in comparison to Iran, where that if you are discovered to be gay, they will hang you up to die, people are hung every year because they are gay.

To "choose" to be gay, espisally in some of the world, you'd have to be totally nuts.



How and why is it bad though? Besides "god" saying it's bad. That's all I am asking.
Alrighty. Where to start.. Well I would personally like to see those reports and facts. I personally believe it has to do with something as a child and the way the mind is developed. I know from personal experience that when growing up. As a child. Your mind is very open to many changes.
For instance.
I live my life with PTSD(Wiki) which is post tramatic stress disorder.
This was caused from growing up in a some what ok Family.
Christian home.
Loving parent(mom).
Two mentallily disabled brothers.
But behind the scenes my next door neighbor started rapping me at the age of seven, this did not stop until I was eleven. Now, my mind as a child was changed literally changed, physically and chemically.
Did you know if you take someone who did not have a tramatic event and someone who did, take brain scans you could tell which had a tramatic event? It's true.


As for the sodomy thing.
To sodomize you must lust, to lust is a sin.
To sodomize someone is often against will also known as rape.


Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
there was something really stupid in the bible about wearing multiple textiles was a sin.... this sums it up right there the sheer stupidity religion is. People belive any stupid shit they read in the bible just becuase they think "god said it" the words in the bible were written by the hands of man not "god".....

and another thing.... who gives a flying fuck? religion is dead..... it's outmoded, out of style, out dated, and was written by old men back a long time ago..... just to control people.......
You must read my friend...
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow.
They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his
splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass
of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will
he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” - Matthew 6:28–30

You see, what you are refering to is when Eve, and Adam ate the apple. The quickly realized they were naked, and clothed themselves. They where... "wearing multiple textiles".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Why do we have a book of "god's word? Why can't he just come down and tell us himself? I have some questions. It's pretty clear cut that the bible says being gay is wrong. Why? That it doesn't say. Why do we have transsexuals and transvestites? That makes things complicated, doesn't it?
God wanted followers with choices, not mindless zombies. That is why he created Adam and Eve. He knew they would sin, he knows exactly how everything plays out. Because God is Timeless. He is in the past present and future God is in the now. Might help explain the whole timeless thing.

But because we as humans Gods greatest creation. Have choices, we can chose what to do with our lives. Because of this we also have sins. Because we have sins, some people as children don't develop correctly because things happen as a child. I have many gay friends so don't take it that I am bashing them. I would never do such a thing. But the bible has clearly stated as you said, that is was "adam and eve not adam and steve". God made marriage for man and women to make a promis unto God and to their partner. So to get married as a gay couple you are making a promise to God that you are going to stay with that person. Ergo you are making a promise to live your life in sin. Get it? I am not sure I can explain it another way..
vampist is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #54
In Runtime
 
remixedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 107
Default Re: God gets owned:

no it was something else in the bible about the multiple textiles....

but god being this bastard who punishes people makes people hate religion and religious people are assholes who just want to control people. scaremongering is the word to describe it.
remixedcat is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #55
In Runtime
 
Deathbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
Default Re: God gets owned:

Vampist took the words right out of my mouth. All religion and beliefs aside, what a move to share your personal story bro. Same to anyone who would do the same.

Free will is the reason God doesn't just come down and do everything for himself. He desires an actual relationship with you and if you thnk that's a lie, then you're really missing the whole point of the Bible.
__________________
AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 GHz - MSI DKA790GX - Mushkin 4GB DDR2 - HIS Radeon 4870 1GB - XION 700W PSU - Hitachi 7200RPM 1 TB - NZXT Alpha Black Case - Samsung 22" LCD Widescreen - Windows Vista Premium 64 bit
Deathbank is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:58 AM   #56
In Runtime
 
remixedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 107
Default Re: God gets owned:

humanity will never move forward untill religion is dead.
remixedcat is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #57
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

That was definitely the most pathetic attempt to explain the existance of "god." Do you not have anything better? Get ready for this.

1) Infinity is not a measurement. It cannot be used to measure anything. Infinity is a concept and between two points. Can you say time is infinite? Yes, of course. Can you say it's been here for an infinite amount of time? No, you cannot. You can ask is time infinite from 45 billion years ago? Can we answer that? No, we cannot because we don't know when time is going to end.
2) If matter has to come from matter and matter has always been there. What matter did "god" come from? That matter would also have to be eternal, which would imply that there is more than one "god." Now "god" has to be made of matter because people have seen and touched it. Also, he has to be made of matter because it created other things like the universe. It has physically created them. If it had a son, of course he would be made of matter.
3) It said in the video, the bible was written by "god" himself. Why are their so many different versions? Don't you think a follower would want words straight from the source?
4) It says in the bible "god" CREATED man. Then he went on to create women. Those are both genders, right? What gender is "god?" I think I saw "he" in the bible. Which would obviously mean he is a man. Why wouldn't he create woman first? I might be mistaken. If I am, what sex is "god?" It can't be both.
5) Contradictions in the bible. Go on and grab some popcorn.

War or Peace?
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Hmm.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The number of beasts in the ark
GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

The sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Man, for a guy who created the universe and everything we know today, it can't make up it's damn mind. I can disprove everything you say to me. I've been taught to fear something that I can't see, touch or hear.

If I told you there was a giant hamburger monster which brought up cows from the seas a million years ago, would you believe me? Can you disprove me wrong? You can't. If I said a rock was "god", could you prove me wrong? No, you couldn't. If "god" was "in" us all, wouldn't we all be eternal?
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #58
In Runtime
 
remixedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 107
Default Re: God gets owned:

what kinda hamburger was it? Hope it wasn't some nasty blechdonald's burger!
remixedcat is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 AM   #59
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
what kinda hamburger was it? Hope it wasn't some nasty blechdonald's burger!
It was an eternal one with no expiry date! It lives in the depths of the ocean with the french fry prince and the milkshake queen. Obviously, you need matter to create other matter. So, the gods of every single piece of matter came together to create that meal.

If matter has always been there, "god" had to come from something. He couldn't have just shown up randomly because that would contradict a lot of stuff said in the video. So there has to be eternal matter out there. Now that eternal matter had to come from something and the one before it had to come to something. WOAH!

Wouldn't that make an infinite chain?


I think I just disproved everything said in that video.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #60
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: God gets owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
That was definitely the most pathetic attempt to explain the existance of "god." Do you not have anything better? Get ready for this.

1) Infinity is not a measurement. It cannot be used to measure anything. Infinity is a concept and between two points. Can you say time is infinite? Yes, of course. Can you say it's been here for an infinite amount of time? No, you cannot. You can ask is time infinite from 45 billion years ago? Can we answer that? No, we cannot because we don't know when time is going to end.
2) If matter has to come from matter and matter has always been there. What matter did "god" come from? That matter would also have to be eternal, which would imply that there is more than one "god." Now "god" has to be made of matter because people have seen and touched it. Also, he has to be made of matter because it created other things like the universe. It has physically created them. If it had a son, of course he would be made of matter.
3) It said in the video, the bible was written by "god" himself. Why are their so many different versions? Don't you think a follower would want words straight from the source?
4) It says in the bible "god" CREATED man. Then he went on to create women. Those are both genders, right? What gender is "god?" I think I saw "he" in the bible. Which would obviously mean he is a man. Why wouldn't he create woman first? I might be mistaken. If I am, what sex is "god?" It can't be both.
5) Contradictions in the bible. Go on and grab some popcorn.

War or Peace?
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Hmm.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The number of beasts in the ark
GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

The sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Man, for a guy who created the universe and everything we know today, it can't make up it's damn mind. I can disprove everything you say to me. I've been taught to fear something that I can't see, touch or hear.

If I told you there was a giant hamburger monster which brought up cows from the seas a million years ago, would you believe me? Can you disprove me wrong? You can't. If I said a rock was "god", could you prove me wrong? No, you couldn't. If "god" was "in" us all, wouldn't we all be eternal?
You ask very good questions. You have a right and a choice to be skeptical. That is what God wants. He wants you to trust him, have a relationship with him. Not to just know facts and know they are true. But to really believe.
God created man in his own image. God was not made. This is really hard to believe and wrap your mind around. The best of the best preachers have tried and it's very hard. But God never wonders about things, he knows all. Nothing has ever accrued to God, nothing surprises him. He is timeless, God created time. God is with you now, he is with in every pore in your skin. All you have to do is call onto him. You must come to him, not him come to you. You talk about the monster and a million years ago. What I claim is true only happened 2000+ years ago. Can you prove me wrong?

It is ironic that you talk about the rock being God. Because the bible says if there is no one willing to speak about God, no one to tell his story. The mountains the earth and rocks will cry out his name and story of God.

I can't make you believe what I believe, it is your choice what to believe. That is what God wants, what he would like you to do is to chose to believe, and rejoice for he is God and sing praises of his name. But this is your choice. I don't have the gift of prophecy. Which is why I am not going to become a preacher. I personally believe I have the gift of discernment Info.
__________________

vampist is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0