Glasses - can't see anything.

ive had glasses for 19 years.. so ive never known anything different.. though i found out today that my eyesight has got even worse.. its to the extent that they had to send off for my glasses to be made cause they cant do it in store.. i cant have contacts either, had op's on my eyes.. scar tissue would screw up the contacts, being blind aint cheap either, spend £300 on glasses today..

I am sorry to hear about that mark. What sort of an operation was it?

BTW, what pair did you get that cost 300?

ive had 3 on my eyes.. squint operations, my eyesight is kinda screwed..

its a pair of normal glasses and a pair of sunglasses, the normal glasses are thinned and toughened.. and the sunglasses are polarising (i go fishing, polarised are good), that, with the eye tests i had to have came to 300..

ive had 3 on my eyes.. squint operations, my eyesight is kinda screwed..

its a pair of normal glasses and a pair of sunglasses, the normal glasses are thinned and toughened.. and the sunglasses are polarising (i go fishing, polarised are good), that, with the eye tests i had to have came to 300..

ive had a squint operation on my right eye when i was younger and now that eye is slightly weaker when it comes to vision it is also my lazy eye that drifts when i am tired mostly tho , its kind of weird cos if both eyes where the same my eyesight would be very very good indeed but this right eye is weaker and last time i went the optician said i may need glasses in the future which i wouldnt realy mind that much , i had to wear lab glasses for about 2 weeks last year and after 3 days i got used to them perfectly didnt even know they where there

I need glasses, badly too. I'm very nearsighted and sometimes have trouble reading small text. I've worn glasses but eventually got tired of them and stopped. I never need them all the time until now, it wasn't until I started driving that I noticed my eyesight was starting to get bad. I'm going to see an eye doctor sometime soon which is good news.

Haha, I've worn glasses since third grade, and I'll admit, they are really weird when you first try them on, annoying even with the glare and the frame of course, but when you really need it, you tend to overlook those drawbacks and eventually don't even notice them. Just hang in there :D

I have a pair of contacts as well, but i'm just too damn lazy to put them in every morning, it takes too long for me, I never bother to practice, I mean I know for some people it's as easy as slipping on glasses, but I really think contacts are just a burden.

ive had glasses for 19 years.. so ive never known anything different.. though i found out today that my eyesight has got even worse.. its to the extent that they had to send off for my glasses to be made cause they cant do it in store.. i cant have contacts either, had op's on my eyes.. scar tissue would screw up the contacts, being blind aint cheap either, spend £300 on glasses today..
Maybe it's different here, but my glasses had to be shipped in too. £300 for glasses? :eek: I paid around $400 for one pair of glasses, contacts (astigmatism bumps the price up dramatically) and an eye exam. That's only £190.

the glasses were £200 and the sunglasses were £100, thats with the 15% off cause im a student

Ive worn glasses for about 2 years now and at first I hated them, but its all in your head, once you persist with them you soon forget you've got them on, I only use mine for reading, driving and the TV/computer. it does make a difference, no point in straining your eyes squinting at everything you end up with a thumping migraine, best stick with glasses, I think there OK.

Back
Top Bottom