Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #51
Daemon Poster
 
Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 946
Default Re: girlfriend question

my rule is no sex before marriage
__________________

__________________
| Intel Pentium D 820 2.80GHz(Smithfield) | EVGA 780i | EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 |4GB Corsair 800 | WDCaviar 250GB | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(w/ arctic silver 5) | Ultra 500w X-Finity Power Supply w/ 120mm Fan | Antec P180B. | Windows Vista Home Premium | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell Ultrasharp 22" Flatscreen Monitor

Macbook Pro 15" Unibody. 2GB Ram 250GB HDD Leopard
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #52
88
Fully Optimized
 
88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: girlfriend question

ok girl story (and I guess there is a moral at the end lol):

Well, I couldn't decide if I should ask this one girl out. We've been hanging out together for some but it was always with other people so I never really got to know her too well. So I asked her to go with me to a concert (John Butler Trio) which was in a nearby city (about 2.5 hours away) so this was my chance to get to know her better and see if I liked her. It turned out by the end of the concert I liked her so much (being around her) that I suddenly felt that I might ruin a good friendship and having someone I really liked hanging out with if she turned me down. So i decided to not make a move on her that night. Well, if I made a mistake by not doing that it was clearly shown to me. A few days later (actually today lol) I found out she just started dating another guy a few days ago (a guy she had turned down spending the night of the concert with so she can chill with me instead). So there goes any chances I had of dating her for now. And the moral is.........

if you feel that you have a chance and the moment is perfect then seize the moment and f***ing ask the person out!. Chances are you won't get another chance, or at least you should assume that at the time.
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #53
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
ok girl story (and I guess there is a moral at the end lol):

Well, I couldn't decide if I should ask this one girl out. We've been hanging out together for some but it was always with other people so I never really got to know her too well. So I asked her to go with me to a concert (John Butler Trio) which was in a nearby city (about 2.5 hours away) so this was my chance to get to know her better and see if I liked her. It turned out by the end of the concert I liked her so much (being around her) that I suddenly felt that I might ruin a good friendship and having someone I really liked hanging out with if she turned me down. So i decided to not make a move on her that night. Well, if I made a mistake by not doing that it was clearly shown to me. A few days later (actually today lol) I found out she just started dating another guy a few days ago (a guy she had turned down spending the night of the concert with so she can chill with me instead). So there goes any chances I had of dating her for now. And the moral is.........

if you feel that you have a chance and the moment is perfect then seize the moment and f***ing ask the person out!. Chances are you won't get another chance, or at least you should assume that at the time.
Well did she know the other guy? Dude, there are so many possibilities to what she is like. Not trying to ruin her image or anything but maybe she just wanted to have sex with you. Maybe she really did like you. Maybe she just wanted a boyfriend. Maybe she knew the other guy. There's too many "maybe"s. But I think you shouldn't give up. If you really like her, you're chance will come again. That's what I believe in even though I may not be as experienced on the subject as others.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #54
88
Fully Optimized
 
88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Well did she know the other guy? Dude, there are so many possibilities to what she is like. Not trying to ruin her image or anything but maybe she just wanted to have sex with you. Maybe she really did like you. Maybe she just wanted a boyfriend. Maybe she knew the other guy. There's too many "maybe"s. But I think you shouldn't give up. If you really like her, you're chance will come again. That's what I believe in even though I may not be as experienced on the subject as others.
lol i know. Sometimes i just wish girls would initiate things more often. But i understand that they want to avoid coming off as being sluts (which is obviously understandable). Had she made a move instead that night (or at least a clearer one) it would have helped me to decide a lot easier.
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #55
Fully Optimized
 
ghostFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
For a GF or for Sex? lol
GF. And I really like her too. She is a sweet heart.



Well, not really "turned down", because she likes me too. But she is going away for 3 months in a month and she told me "I want us to actually have a chance".


Ughh... I just feel like such shit right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
if you feel that you have a chance and the moment is perfect then seize the moment and f***ing ask the person out!. Chances are you won't get another chance, or at least you should assume that at the time.
Yeah, I did. And I screwed myself.
__________________
dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"


David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #56
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: girlfriend question

Isn't it funny? Girls who date a lot of guys are called "sluts" and lose "rep", but guys who date a lot of girls are called "players" and gain "rep".
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #57
88
Fully Optimized
 
88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: girlfriend question

also, the funny thing is (to me anyway) is that the guy she's dating is, I believe, her roommate and he's 26 and looks like a douche bag. I don't care if it makes me sound egotistical or narcissistic or whatever you want to call it....i am much better looking (and probably cooler lol)! haha
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #58
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
also, the funny thing is (to me anyway) is that the guy she's dating is, I believe, her roommate and he's 26 and looks like a douche bag. I don't care if it makes me sound egotistical or narcissistic or whatever you want to call it....i am much better looking (and probably cooler lol)! haha
I don't want to get anything started, but you shouldn't really be saying that before you talk to him. Like. A lot of my friends may have the appearance you said you have and be assholes. And a lot of guys who may not be so cool or good-looking or w/e, but they're cool. Like. There's this one senior in my grade, he looks like a stereotypical "geek" and plays pokemon during class, but he's a nice fella.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #59
Fully Optimized
 
ghostFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Isn't it funny? Girls who date a lot of guys are called "sluts" and lose "rep", but guys who date a lot of girls are called "players" and gain "rep".
You are such an e-jockey.
__________________
dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"


David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #60
88
Fully Optimized
 
88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: girlfriend question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I don't want to get anything started, but you shouldn't really be saying that before you talk to him. Like. A lot of my friends may have the appearance you said you have and be assholes. And a lot of guys who may not be so cool or good-looking or w/e, but they're cool. Like. There's this one senior in my grade, he looks like a stereotypical "geek" and plays pokemon during class, but he's a nice fella.
ahh i know, it's just me showing grief over my mistakes and being jealous of him making the right choices
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0