getting your g.e.d.

battersup

Baseband Member
i am in grade 9 again and i will turning 16 soon, i am thinking about dropping out and studying for my g.e.d. for a few months, has anyone ever taken the ged exams? how hard are they? what are the disadvantages of having your ged instead of highschool? if there is any, i know your can still go to college if you have your g.e.d.

well...idk one of my friends b/f took it cuz his mom made him...but i never really heard how he was doing b/c she broke up w/ him :D. i personally wouldn't ...but i guess thats cuz i have high goals. not to say that you don't...but i hope to get a scholarship (even tho i can't spell :p) and im pretty sure you can't do taht w/ a ged. but if you really want to then go right ahead...your choice

Piece of cake. But please stay in school. If you're having a lot of trouble there are programs out there that can help. Most are free and some cost. But please stay in school.

setishock said:
Piece of cake. But please stay in school. If you're having a lot of trouble there are programs out there that can help. Most are free and some cost. But please stay in school.

I CANNOT agree more. STAY IN SCHOOL. You WILL Encounter restrictions with a GED, MANY places frown upon it, and MANY also won't even acknowledge an interview, Much lower pay. It's not worth it. I'm not too sure what's going on in your life, or school, but if you want to talk about it, or want some advice, feel free to PM me, and well set something up.

I can promise you, that you WILL regret it.

Okay, what is a g.e.d?

And dropping school? I wouldn't recommend it. I actually thought about just going straight to work after I finish the primary school, but then I chose to go the high school. And let's just say that I regret that choise only during test weeks, when doing homework and at some really boring lessons. :D

But I think it's worth it.

yes please say in school just think you only got 3 more years of school left and is that going to kill you or something because I had thoughts of dropping out on my senior of school but lucky I had a gf to support me to finish high school so I am lucky enought to have a gf that is the same age as I am and supporting me finishing high school but like i said PLEASE STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i guess getting a ged is not an option for me anyway now because where i live you have to be at least 19 to write it, and and i got 4 more years of highschool not 3 i got grade 9,10,11,12

In your profile you didn't put a city or state. If you don't want it posted send me a pm. I can do some research on what help is available in your area. Just let me know...

Back
Top Bottom