Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic
Default Re: Getting a PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynF_UK View Post
The number of games that will apear on these new high-tech consoles will NEVER be as wide as the old ones - now it costs (literally) millions of dollars (well over $15million) to create a single game!

Most games will just be made by the same companies, because they're the only ones that can afford the resources it takes to make them, plus it takes ages to create a game that is both expansive which would make the most of high capacity/definition DVD's and has graphics that can take advantage of the awsome capabilities of the console
The same thing happened with last gen consoles, though. This will continue to happen

take the PS1 and the PS2

on the PS1 it obviously cost a lot less money to develop games as it did on the PS2, but developers were spending as much as they could, and it seemed like a lot. But when the PS2 came around, most developers had no choice. it was do or die, basically.

I'm sure people said the same thing you're saying when the PS2 and XBOX came out... it definitely cost a lot more money, but as technology evolves, it's going to cost a lot more money.

I believe that in time, there will be more and more titles released..

even if you take the Nintendo DS.... when it first came out, there were very few games for it, and it was said that there would never be as much titles that there is today. There's close to 2000. Developers are willing to take chances.

hopefully someone sees what I'm saying??

joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
Golden Master

Congrats on the (future?) purchase. You won't be disappointed.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to geek_gal Send a message via Yahoo to geek_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
and I can safetly say, I would give my PS3 away in a heartbeat
Well... you can safetly give your ps3 to me, i'll give it a good home i'll play with and everything, i'll even polish it ^_^

&Coincidence?
No, No, no, it's just the two are allergic to each other
geek_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek_gal View Post
Well... you can safetly give your ps3 to me, i'll give it a good home i'll play with and everything, i'll even polish it ^_^

&Coincidence?
No, No, no, it's just the two are allergic to each other
nyuck nyuck nyuck!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

60 minutes did a report on a hardware chip inside ps3's that destroys any xbox360 within a 300 foot radius :-P.

Anyways, I think I over simplified my argument. Marketing was one thing, and I'm glad you agree. Xbox360's ad campaigns have been great and simple. They advertise a game, show cutscenes and gameplay, then just throw the xbox360 logo on at the end. A simple, proven method of spreading the word.

But I was also trying to say as you did their inability to secure a ps3 only 'big game' has also been a problem. Ratchet and Clank is too kiddy as I said. But the marketers at sony can just pretend that UTIII will be a ps3 only game, because the 360 version will lag behind by a couple months at least.

I say Sony brings back everyones favorite dingo, with the Crash Bandicoot series. It may have the problem of seeming too kiddish like Ratchet and Clank, but I think that if they do, people will be crazy nostalgic. Many of us remember growing up with this game series. Introduce a new character or two, but keep everything else the same, make it less cartoony then the other games, and add a good story with a sub-plot and they would have a great game. Unfortunuately Naughty Dog sold the rights to crash, so we'll never see another good Crash game. I think Universal has the rights to it now :-/

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

So thats what happened to my 360
Old 01-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Of couse, i have the answers to all problems (lol)
Everything is simple with MS
LoL,

It break's, its because how its made..

Simple enough to understand! XD

Joe pic, what game's on ps3 have you got?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorredbeard View Post
60 minutes did a report on a hardware chip inside ps3's that destroys any xbox360 within a 300 foot radius :-P.

Anyways, I think I over simplified my argument. Marketing was one thing, and I'm glad you agree. Xbox360's ad campaigns have been great and simple. They advertise a game, show cutscenes and gameplay, then just throw the xbox360 logo on at the end. A simple, proven method of spreading the word.

But I was also trying to say as you did their inability to secure a ps3 only 'big game' has also been a problem. Ratchet and Clank is too kiddy as I said. But the marketers at sony can just pretend that UTIII will be a ps3 only game, because the 360 version will lag behind by a couple months at least.

I say Sony brings back everyones favorite dingo, with the Crash Bandicoot series. It may have the problem of seeming too kiddish like Ratchet and Clank, but I think that if they do, people will be crazy nostalgic. Many of us remember growing up with this game series. Introduce a new character or two, but keep everything else the same, make it less cartoony then the other games, and add a good story with a sub-plot and they would have a great game. Unfortunuately Naughty Dog sold the rights to crash, so we'll never see another good Crash game. I think Universal has the rights to it now :-/

Nintendo does a real good job, sort of being conservatives in what they produce. Mario has been branded to the Nintendo name ever since it came about, and same with Zelda, Metroid and all the other Nintendo favorites. I can't say that Sony does a bad job at this, but it seems that some of their games, (Crash Bandicoot being a real good example) have lost their flare, especially since the sale.

edit>

Quote:
Joe pic, what game's on ps3 have you got?

None yet, but planning to get Resistance, UTIII and COD4, Orange Box and maybe Uncharted??
Old 01-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

You no what, which game kicks all ass?

Jericho
Get it!

Yeah Resistance: Fall of Man is another great game.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
You no what, which game kicks all ass?

Jericho
Get it!
Really, I haven't heard the best things about it... I might rent it, see how that goes.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my PS3 soon, I need to wait for a couple eChecks to clear...............................such agony