Getting a PS3

joe pic

Fully Optimized
Hello all!
Now before you start bashing on me, I'm getting a PS3 and nobody's personal opinion is going to change my decision.

I'm just waiting for a payment to clear and I'll hopefully be buying it from a major online retailer. Not sure where yet.

I just believe the PS3 has a ton of potential that we all just have to wait to see. It's a lot more powerful than the 360. Just because there's "no good games out" doesn't mean that it has bad graphics, or is worse than the 360.

However, Xbox Live is definitely the winner for online play, but you have to remember that It had a ton of time to develop. We need to give Sony a lot more time to let the Playstation network mature.

In time, I feel the PS3 is going to be the clear winner in consoles.

I disagree, in terms of 'potential' the Wii by far has the most.

With the decryption of the axis-motions as posted on gizmodo a while back, people can actually design their own games for the wii now. Legal or not, its created a real hype among the uber geeks.

Not to mention that it has the highest demand.

I will have to concede the point that PS3 graphically by far has the most potential; but thats just not enough. Where are all the Sony classic games we used to love? They use to pop them out like crazy.

The demise of Sony in the console business has been their inability to create and secure a launch game. A game that people will buy the console for. Ratchet and Clank could have been that game, but the lack of serious marketing for it and the 'kid appeal' of it kept it from being 'that game'.

GTA is overdone, really to the point where people wont buy a ps3 so they can play it.

UTIII on the otherhand is the perfect game to make a 'console game'. It's got a loyal following, high expectations, great graphics, and great gameplay. Plus the xbox360 version wont even be started until its done for PS3. Meaning with some sucessfull marketing, sony can really turn the PS3 around.

Marketing has been the PS3's demise. Their commercials are absolutely horrible. From the crying baby one to the one with the crows, none of them truly highlight PS3's strengths. Its graphics. Most of them probably scare more customers away from the console because of the obscurity of them. They need to fire their entire marketing division and come up with some new commericals, with UTIII as their focus.

redbeard, I can't agree with you more about the ps3s marketing.
you're absolutely right.

I believe that because Sony thought they were already a year behind the 360, that maybe they could have an advantage, but in reality the 360's momentum had already begun.

Maybe if GTA 4 was a PS3 exclusive game, it would definitely help out Sony..but it's not.

I just believe that we need to wait. The PS3 has so much that can be used, we just need to give game developers time to truly take advantage of what the ps3 has to offer.

PS3 is the shit man lol. your going to love it so much. as for me i would get it but i'm more of computer games now but my friend has assassin's creed for ps3, amazing game.

I have an Xbox 360 and PS3, and I can safetly say, I would give my PS3 away in a heartbeat if it'd mean my Xbox 360 started working again. It died a day after I bought the PS3. Coincidence? :( Its ready to go off to Microsoft. Just need the UPS label now.

We'll all see though about the PS3's potential won't we :p I honestly think it'll mostly be neck and neck this time round.

The 360 has a lead the PS3 hasn't caught up with yet.

One thing that annoys me, is I can't yet play my own music while playing games.

It is a good console, and you'll be happy with it, but once the novelty of getting one has worn off, and you've downloaded all the demo's etc, there really isn't much left.

OoOo....I'm going to download the Burnout demo actually, somehow.

Assasin's creed looks incredible

I can't wait for it... i'm also looking forward to playing Uncharted, but it doesn't look as good as everyone says. Unreal tournament looks pretty awesome too, but I'm going to wait until I have some network friends before I get that.

All these great games were just recently released for the PS3, so it really seems like the ball is rolling for the ps3's future titles

hopefully, 2008 will be a great year for the ps3, in my opinion.

Kage, is the burnout demo still out?

The number of games that will apear on these new high-tech consoles will NEVER be as wide as the old ones - now it costs (literally) millions of dollars (well over $15million) to create a single game!

Most games will just be made by the same companies, because they're the only ones that can afford the resources it takes to make them, plus it takes ages to create a game that is both expansive which would make the most of high capacity/definition DVD's and has graphics that can take advantage of the awsome capabilities of the console :)

The burnout demo is only a timed thing, and then it'll go?... I need to download it, but the PS3 hasn't got a connection at the moment since the routers up here.

But I can't bring it upstairs because the PS3 is configured to HDMI, and for some reason won't let me use it now on a standard telly using Scart, even when I switched it to this, haha...

I want to see more of Killzone 2, and Little Big World is going to have an impact on me. I can't say I'm much into GTA though

Back
Top Bottom