Which gets your further with tech support? Angriness or Kindness?

Yeah I'm not too happy with the company right now - I don't so much appreciate being told to "Be quiet and let me finish". I wasn't even interrupting her; she just told me what I said my problem was and she was wrong. I told her that wasn't what I said, and she told me to be quiet. Nice, HP.

What a bitch. I would definitely have demanded the supervisor or whoever is in charge. You can't be nice with IT people if they don't know what the fuck they're doing. Doesn't work like that.

Coming back to my friend's problem...I think we only got the problem solved on the 6-7th guy. He solved it in 5 minutes too. He was like, "Go to xxxxx, click yyyyy, set the value to zzzzz". Worked like a charm.

i will be nice as long as im getting what im paying for , a lot of the time these help lines charge premium rates so i expect good service so for instance if i know they are reading a generic set of instructions i just hang up without an explaniation

What a bitch. I would definitely have demanded the supervisor or whoever is in charge. You can't be nice with IT people if they don't know what the fuck they're doing. Doesn't work like that.

Coming back to my friend's problem...I think we only got the problem solved on the 6-7th guy. He solved it in 5 minutes too. He was like, "Go to xxxxx, click yyyyy, set the value to zzzzz". Worked like a charm.

She is the supervisor - she's my "case manager" which is the top of customer support you can get to. So I'm fucked - I remember HP saying "you don't just buy the laptop, you buy the service". I didn't pay $2200 to get told to be quiet

Yeah, as long as they are nice to you, I don't see the problem. But if they start getting at all fiesty with you, you have no choice to be honest, but to use a deeper tone, and insist you talk to someone else.
I haven't had that problem though...

If I were in tech support and people were calling me all day being pissed, I'd be pretty pissed myself and probably tell them off all the time. Just be calm and explain what the problem is and tell them everything that happens and whatnot so they can solve your problem.

WTF? I am my own tech support. LOL

I am write there with you on that. I run linux there isn't a 1-800 number to call when my system has a problem. I have to figure it out on my own.

Cheers!

I am write there with you on that. I run linux there isn't a 1-800 number to call when my system has a problem. I have to figure it out on my own.

Cheers!
There are forums and online resources you can turn to though.

It's better to be kind and calm with the situation.
It's also easier for people to understand and if you think about it, would you rather help an idiot or someone that's kind to you?

I've had pretty good luck with my service. Only once with Kingston, have I ever had a problem. He told me to "let him finish talking." Then I politely told him to stop reading the information off the website, and where he could shove it.

Back
Top Bottom