Geometry Question:

drumthrasher_2

Solid State Member
"Ann MacDonald is a salesperson at a discount appliance store. She earns $50 for each appliance that she sells plus a 5% commission on the price of the appliance. Write an equation that represents what she earned in a week in which she sold 15 appliances."

I think the answer has to be something like slope-intercept form (y=mx+b) or point-slope form (y-y1=m(x-x1)). help, if not the answer, would be greatly appreciated.

if an admin/mod reads this, please enable my drumthrasher account. idk what happened to it.

y=(1.05x+$50)*15

y is the amount she makes
x is the cost of an appliance
1.05 is the price of an appliance plus 5%
$50 is the amount she makes for each appliance.
15 is the amount of appliances

edit: hmmm that doesn't look right now...

There I think it's right now.

The Amish Kid said:
y=(1.05x+$50)*15

y is the amount she makes
x is the cost of an appliance
1.05 is the price of an appliance plus 5%
$50 is the amount she makes for each appliance.
15 is the amount of appliances

edit: hmmm that doesn't look right now...

There I think it's right now.
yeah that looks correct to me

drumthrasher_2 said:
"Ann MacDonald is a salesperson at a discount appliance store. She earns $50 for each appliance that she sells plus a 5% commission on the price of the appliance. Write an equation that represents what she earned in a week in which she sold 15 appliances."

I think the answer has to be something like slope-intercept form (y=mx+b) or point-slope form (y-y1=m(x-x1)). help, if not the answer, would be greatly appreciated.

if an admin/mod reads this, please enable my drumthrasher account. idk what happened to it.
an equation isn't a graph, I don't quite see there this is comming from...

anyway... yes the equation would be
amount earned = ((appliacnes price)*1.05) + 50) * 15

you can put x and y in there, but I don't see why you want to.

Back
Top Bottom