Which generation are you?

Y here. 1991.

With what iPat said a few posts back, I remember a lot of the digital revolution. However, my family stuck with analog for so long. We didn't buy our first DVD player till around 2003, though my PC at the time had a DVD-ROM drive (which was never used.) I actually like the old VHS players, I loved working on them and I still have a collection of parts from them. I also still have a nice collection of VHS tapes, I'd say around 150. Right behind me in my room is an old CRT radio that still works wonders. Turn the baby on during a nice clear night and you can hear radio from China all the way from the east coast, USA. Its nice. I also didn't get an LCD monitor until my 16th birthday if I remember correctly. I also didn't get a digital camera until about 2 years ago. Up until then, I either used disposable ones or an old Polaroid that used Polaroid 600 photo cartridges.. Good times.

All in all, I welcome the digital revolution, but I would like to preserve the analog technology.

GEN Y.

I usually just consider myself a 90's kid.

(Born 1990)

EDIT:

@ipat: Wtf? I had cassette tapes and VHS for most of my life.. I in fact still have a large collection of VHS videos. Y is the last generation to live with them.. not XY.

Hell I was the one always fishing the damn videos out of the VCR with a butter knife.

I've always considered myself a Baby Boomer, never heard of Generation Jones until this.

Generation Jones appears to be a Northern Hemisphere term as search results back up the Aus/NZ premise that Baby Boomers do run through until 1965
None of us are that old...

pffffft

I'm 50 next year

:p:p:p

GEN Y.

I usually just consider myself a 90's kid.

(Born 1990)

EDIT:

@ipat: Wtf? I had cassette tapes and VHS for most of my life.. I in fact still have a large collection of VHS videos. Y is the last generation to live with them.. not XY.

Hell I was the one always fishing the damn videos out of the VCR with a butter knife.

um pretty sure VHS was invented BEFORE 1990 lol, sure u grew up with them, but u wernt around when they first came out, VHS was invented in 56' i believe?

I've always considered myself a Baby Boomer, never heard of Generation Jones until this.

Generation Jones appears to be a Northern Hemisphere term as search results back up the Aus/NZ premise that Baby Boomers do run through until 1965

Interesting. So now that you've heard about Gen Jones, do you align yourself more with Gen Jones, or do you still think of yourself as a Baby Boomer? Some people say that Gen Jones is a subset or second wave of Boomers, although many late ones used to consider themselves as Gen Xers--which is the opposite in many ways of Baby Boomers. The President of the US (Obama) is a Gen Jones.

Back
Top Bottom