Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Which generation are you?

Y here. 1991.

With what iPat said a few posts back, I remember a lot of the digital revolution. However, my family stuck with analog for so long. We didn't buy our first DVD player till around 2003, though my PC at the time had a DVD-ROM drive (which was never used.) I actually like the old VHS players, I loved working on them and I still have a collection of parts from them. I also still have a nice collection of VHS tapes, I'd say around 150. Right behind me in my room is an old CRT radio that still works wonders. Turn the baby on during a nice clear night and you can hear radio from China all the way from the east coast, USA. Its nice. I also didn't get an LCD monitor until my 16th birthday if I remember correctly. I also didn't get a digital camera until about 2 years ago. Up until then, I either used disposable ones or an old Polaroid that used Polaroid 600 photo cartridges.. Good times.

All in all, I welcome the digital revolution, but I would like to preserve the analog technology.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #22
Baseband Member

Wow. No Baby Boomers yet. I'm surprised.

iPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #23
Fully Optimized

GEN Y.

I usually just consider myself a 90's kid.

(Born 1990)

EDIT:

@ipat: Wtf? I had cassette tapes and VHS for most of my life.. I in fact still have a large collection of VHS videos. Y is the last generation to live with them.. not XY.

Hell I was the one always fishing the damn videos out of the VCR with a butter knife.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #24
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPat View Post
Wow. No Baby Boomers yet. I'm surprised.
None of us are that old...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringdapain View Post
It's only about 50 years or so.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #26
Fully Optimized

I've always considered myself a Baby Boomer, never heard of Generation Jones until this.

Generation Jones appears to be a Northern Hemisphere term as search results back up the Aus/NZ premise that Baby Boomers do run through until 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringdapain View Post
pffffft

I'm 50 next year

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Really?

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
GEN Y.

I usually just consider myself a 90's kid.

(Born 1990)

EDIT:

@ipat: Wtf? I had cassette tapes and VHS for most of my life.. I in fact still have a large collection of VHS videos. Y is the last generation to live with them.. not XY.

Hell I was the one always fishing the damn videos out of the VCR with a butter knife.
um pretty sure VHS was invented BEFORE 1990 lol, sure u grew up with them, but u wernt around when they first came out, VHS was invented in 56' i believe?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A True Folder View Post
I've always considered myself a Baby Boomer, never heard of Generation Jones until this.

Generation Jones appears to be a Northern Hemisphere term as search results back up the Aus/NZ premise that Baby Boomers do run through until 1965
Interesting. So now that you've heard about Gen Jones, do you align yourself more with Gen Jones, or do you still think of yourself as a Baby Boomer? Some people say that Gen Jones is a subset or second wave of Boomers, although many late ones used to consider themselves as Gen Xers--which is the opposite in many ways of Baby Boomers. The President of the US (Obama) is a Gen Jones.
iPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #30
Daemon Poster

Y.

rifle is offline   Reply With Quote