GED time.

Well my grades are tanking because I have massive senioritis. And my mom has to move back out to New England and I don't want to. That in itself has made me have to make the painfully obvious decision of getting a GED so I can start college this January term.

So do any of you have any suggestions or tips for getting ready for taking the GED? How would I go about taking it? Are they hard?

Just so you all know, my GPA is terrible but I'm really smart so I think a GED is the best way to go. My GPA is about 2.2-2.5. Maybe even lower.

You're trying to say that a 2.2 isn't good enough to graduate? How about going and talking to the guidance councelor or whoever helps with grades and scheduling? I bet they would be able to get you on the right track. Also, you want to start college in 4 months? Did you already miss graduation this summer or are you going to drop out of high school and then do your GED and then go to college? That's not the best idea because employer's will see that you quit HS. I don't understand enough about your situation as to why you think you need to get a GED. Just study and work hard for the rest of the year, get your grades up as high as you can, and talk to the guidance councelor (that is their job). You say your smart so there should be no reason you can't pull your grades up to a respectible point to finish out the year.

Well my grades are tanking because I have massive senioritis. And my mom has to move back out to New England and I don't want to. That in itself has made me have to make the painfully obvious decision of getting a GED so I can start college this January term.

So do any of you have any suggestions or tips for getting ready for taking the GED? How would I go about taking it? Are they hard?

Just so you all know, my GPA is terrible but I'm really smart so I think a GED is the best way to go. My GPA is about 2.2-2.5. Maybe even lower.
Graduate high school and get your high school diploma. Don't just get a GED because you are too lazy to do your work in school and graduate. Suck it up, get rid of the senoritis and do the work in school. You're just looking for the easy way out.

Might help if you had some type of motivation to graduate high school.
Not wanting to disappoint my parents, and wanting to get the heck out of high school was what made me work harder in the last year. I was falling behind, which is why I took 8 classes a semester while most people only took 3-4 their senior years.

The GED isn't bad, I had to take it myself. I sure as hell didn't want to though, only reason was the community college I'm going to didn't accept all of the courses I had in high school (I was homeschooled though, funny thing is that I have a state recognized HS diploma as well as a GED :p)

As far as the material in the GED it isn't bad, I did really well on everything but the math. I would recommend looking into buying a book with GED study guides/practice tests, that might help you out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom