Gears of War for PC.

Thelis

Golden Master
All I have to say is WOW. The game is very very evolved, and plays as a great FPS. The graphics with DX10 are amazing, and the combat system is as of yet unprecedented (IMO). Here are screenshots from my journey (they are a bit worse than they were in game due to imageshack's uploading crap).

winwr1.jpg

wargameg4wlive200801031km4.jpg

49179057ek1.jpg

55596271in2.jpg

58499827wd8.jpg

what settings are u playing it on, the pics still look great quility

Everything is maxed out, with DX10 and AA turned on.

It looks even better when it doesn't get compressed by FRAPS and then compressed again by imageshack.

68741952ak7.jpg

96002155ql4.jpg

26786156va7.jpg

34001989lb0.jpg

10ib2.jpg

It is so realistic too. I mean, there is basically no HUD so it looks like a movie. My mom walked in and was like: WTF Are you watching?

hahaha, a hud less game, but there is the basic gun and ammo
i need to get this.

Yeah I love the graphics. And how smooth it runs! I have everything maxed out except the DX10 setting, and it runs smooth on my 7900gs.
I love the combat system, too. Are you using mouse and keyboard? I am using a controller, but I like the accuracy of the mouse. I cant wait til I get to the exclusive PC content like the Brumak, thats the main thing I keep hearing about in the PC version.

Oh, my favorite part is, these dudes are wearing this super thick armor, and they are supposed to be complete badasses, but none have any helmets on. It ads to the badassness but its kinda funny too.

Is there a way I wonder of making it an FPS mainly (I'd much prefer it then :p ) There may be a way of changing the camera at some point, as I have played this game through and can't say I was terribly impressed by it on the Xbox 360. I have a feeling thats because I'm not too into 3rd person games.

Back
Top Bottom