Gatorade Duels

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet you wouldnt last 1/2 a lap

Come do MMA with our fighting camp. I bet you wouldn't last two minutes in the cage before getting all your teeth knocked out. ;)

most people just think its going around in a circle, its much much much more than that

your right it's about as boring as modified

;)

I hate people that think racing isn't a sport. Driving a car around a track a 190mph is not easy, physically and mentally. Physically you have to be in good shape to deal with the g-forces that your body is going to encounter. Mentally it's hard because you are concentrating so much on what is going on around you and thinking so much so you can make those split second moves they make. Dale Jr. once described it as being like a hangover when you get out of the car, you are exhausted both physically and mentally. Oh and add to that the fact that sometimes it gets to be like 120 degrees in the car and you have to sit in it doing all that concentrating and thinking and the physical work of driving the car, yeah.....

You need to understand that those cars aren't like regular cars, they aren't as easy to drive as a street car. They are purely functional, not meant for comfort.

So don't anyone ever tell me that nascar isn't an athletic sport. It isn't just "sitting on your ass and driving a car"

Lol, NASCAR is not an athletic sport.

The national spelling bee was on ESPN HD before, doesn't make it a friggin sport.

Lol, NASCAR is not an athletic sport.

The national spelling bee was on ESPN HD before, doesn't make it a friggin sport.

bulls*** its not a physical sport, are you kidding me??? you pull 3 g's for 2hours straight, do you know what that feels like?? obviously not, i cant race my gocart around a track at 60mph for more than an hour without feeling the pain in my abs, you have NO idea what you're talking about, its not like driving your minivan around a turn on the highway going 70

I'm sure it's not. And you are right, it is still mentally and physically enduring in it's own ways, but so is chess and hurling, and bowling.

I DO know what I'm talking about, because unlike a NASCAR fan, I actually DO participate in sports. Such as Aikido, Crew, and Rugby.

Crew is by far the most physically demanding sport I have ever even come across. In a 3 minute Rowing race, each rower will produce more lactic acid than a professional football player in an ENTIRE game.

I'm not saying the drivers don't have their own personal skills that allows them to be better at racing than others. I'm just saying, it truly isn't an athletic sport. And the fans that obsess over it, are not the most athletic people in the world either.

pic-500-1201597.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom