Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #41
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Oxygen and Hydrogen lose an Electron when they split; that is what powers most up-to-date Hydrogen Cars, basically jsut Electric Cars. They aren't unsafe at all, no more than a Petrol Car. It carries Water in mass; at most it will carry however much Hydrogen, and at normal air pressure has been created from that journey since it last stopped off to drop it off. You're thinking of the old ones; which carried Hydrogen at Liquid Temperatures and high pressures in Thousands of Layers of Fibre Glass Insulation in the back. Now that there, is dangerous

Gas, Oil, Petrol, Diesel - its always been expensive. What Americans moan about as dreadfully high prices we pay in Britain three fold and we're happy about it if its only that. Airox moaned about $35 a week, at just over $2 a gallon. Its 84p a Litre here; which is about $1.40 or so, and there are 4 Litres in a Gallon, so its $2 instead of the $5.60 Which is still almost twice what TDCorolla pointed out.

Why you all need 5litre cars I will not know I don't imagine it helps the situation. End the end though - not only do you all have Jeeps apparently but you also never seem to use Trains; not at least from what I have heard from the Americans I know.

You're just moaning about stuff you don't want to fix. If oil prices are too high; you use the trains. Giancarlo of course seems to be in some kind of state of denial; he Private Messaged me a little while back with some crazy talk about Oil being made in some reproducable process... when old things don't work you can only fix them so much; you build new things that do work. Petrol and Diesel Engines don't work anymore; even if the prices were low and there was more than enough, I don't care about the environment myself but cars are noisy, they smell, and they're inefficient. I suppose Americans; people who have yet to invent anything of any importance would not grasp the concept of throwing aside something they have been Developing for Years and trying to make something better.

Then when the American scientists finally do think of something original; and backed up in time with Tocomac Fusion Power to Power it, and the Oceans to Fuel it, without even loosing water - its all recyclable if you're into that kind of thing - the people in high places are against it because there's still oil to sell and there're a whole lot of Oil Tycoons in the Senate, and in the Government. I doubt you can go anywhere in Washington DC without meeting twice as many people who own something in Oil that those who don't. The same system that will let Gay Marriages in will stop Hydrogen Powered Cars and probably Tocomacs coming in for years and years over invalid 'safety issues'.

I physically spit on your 'Liberty'; its simply a system which allows people with no talent or ability become rich, and the Minorities to get their way all the time.
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 04-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #42
In Runtime
 
ComputerWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

Its 2.43 for premium here on the east coast. Wow i cant imagine paying 3.00 dollars a gallon i feel sorry for you TRD.

yes there are all kinds of things that can make us get awesome gas mileage... but then no one would buy gas as much thus prices rising HIGHER.
__________________

__________________
Desktop: P4 2.8Ghz HT/ 512mb ram /, ATI Radeon X300 SE 128mb
Laptop: AMD Athlon 4 1200+/ 512mb ram/ Cyber blade Xp vid card.
ComputerWizard is offline  
Old 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #43
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

Quote:
Giancarlo of course seems to be in some kind of state of denial; he Private Messaged me a little while back with some crazy talk about Oil being made in some reproducable process...
Actually this is the case... there is some talk in the scientific community, that oil may actually be produced by processes in the environment.

The rest of your post, LK.. is essentially trash.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #44
In Runtime
 
ComputerWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

your so negative carlo..
__________________
Desktop: P4 2.8Ghz HT/ 512mb ram /, ATI Radeon X300 SE 128mb
Laptop: AMD Athlon 4 1200+/ 512mb ram/ Cyber blade Xp vid card.
ComputerWizard is offline  
Old 04-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #45
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Actually this is the case... there is some talk in the scientific community, that oil may actually be produced by processes in the environment.
Haha; well I'm very sorry. I was under the impression God put barrels of Oil under the ground for us to find and it doesn't get created by Environmental Processes... that's quite an amazing discovery.

Maybe in America the idea that Oil is produced by Dead Fish is very new, maybe it is that the idea that Oil being produced by Dead Fish is actually a Process of the Environment which is very new. Eitherway however people in Britain and Europe actually already know that Oil is produced by the Environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
The rest of your post, LK.. is essentially trash.
I'm perfectly sure you believe that. By all means show us; or am I right when I believe such a comment is the International Flag for I'm too stupid to comment on what you're just said but I'm also too stupid to tell people I'm too lazy; so I'm going to insult the content generally and hope nobody notices because that is how I see something that whoever, if anybody taught you to debate would think was complete stupidity. ComputerWizard apparently thinks so.

If it is so obviously trash - point it out to the good people. If you can't; have the decency at least, if you can't bring yourself to say it to not comment on it at all.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 04-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #46
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Maybe in America the idea that Oil is produced by Dead Fish is very new, maybe it is that the idea that Oil being produced by Dead Fish is actually a Process of the Environment which is very new. Eitherway however people in Britain and Europe actually already know that Oil is produced by the Environment.
It has been said it could be possible some oil can be found in places where there were no remains from animals and other things. By naturally occurring elements. Well since you are too ignorant in your own delusions I don't think you'll ever see this.

Quote:
I'm perfectly sure you believe that. By all means show us; or am I right when I believe such a comment is the International Flag for I'm too stupid to comment on what you're just said but I'm also too stupid to tell people I'm too lazy; so I'm going to insult the content generally and hope nobody notices because that is how I see something that whoever, if anybody taught you to debate would think was complete stupidity. ComputerWizard apparently thinks so.

If it is so obviously trash - point it out to the good people. If you can't; have the decency at least, if you can't bring yourself to say it to not comment on it at all.
You are wrong and always wrong. So that's your own problem. You are not smart enough to continue this argument with any decency. You are just horrifically bad and not smart enough. That's not my fault. I'm a master debator here and I'm stating this with my credibility on the line. You are incompetent, inept and too young to make comments on real world issues.

And invalid safety issues? can you use a god damn source or is that too much to ask of your simple mind? I unlike you provided sources. Simply chemistry. You crash a hydrogen car... you blow up half a city block.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #47
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman222
We have had one case recently. one single case and bush won't open the border. that's one of our main industrys. that's like not letting canadian cars past the border because the could hit people. And ask Alvino or a lot of other people worldwide. Alberta beef PWNS.
LOL we embargo virtually every major beef producing country except Argentina. And its not Bush's fault. Blame all Americans. Take a poll and you will find that the majority of Americans agree with the embargo of foriegn beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
NO

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...e/oil_prices_75

The oil market is showing signs of collapsing.

" "It's collapsing," said Ed Silliere, a broker at Energy Merchant Intermarket Futures in New York. "The market was extremely overbought.""
"The U.S. Energy Information Administration significantly raised its forecast Thursday for gasoline and crude oil prices during the summer driving season, citing strong demand, tight refining capacity and new changes in gasoline specifications.

U.S. monthly average retail gasoline prices are seen peaking in May at a record high $2.35 a gallon, up from a $2.10 peak forecast in the EIA's previous monthly outlook."

But like yeah May should be the peak since apparently from reading that article the crude oil that costed $58 a barrell will be arriving in Mid-May. But hopefully things still begin to fall.

Who knows maybe we can work out a deal with the Canadians. LOL like we take their beef as long as we can take their oil. They are like the beaten step child Canada is. We are like we are going to have to see passports at border crossings in Canada now. So like Canada is like "oh yeah well like we might do the same."

Seriously Canadians wouldnt be so hated if you just allowed Quebec to secede and stopped being such children about everything.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 04-08-2005, 01:13 AM   #48
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

They may be predicting wrong however. I think they are because the oil market has now begin to collapse. I think I'll go with my source instead of you, airiox.

"On Wednesday the U.S. Energy Department said the supply of unleaded gasoline stood at 212.3 million barrels, or 5.5 percent higher than last year. However, gasoline demand remained healthy, up 2 percent from a year ago."

So a prediction of $2.35 is not reasonable.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-08-2005, 01:24 AM   #49
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

gas prices are inflated because of oil companies greed and stupid scientest that say we have used 2/3 of the oil on earth. Which both are absurd.

And since the Government predicted that # the oil companies know they raise it to that level and they will.

to quote the best character ever, Smeagol, "You'll See."
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 04-08-2005, 01:37 AM   #50
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gasoline Prices

In Alberta, there are 170 billion worth of oil reserves... so the notion 2/3rds are used up is ridiculous. And no oil companies are constantly going for more oil. They aren't inflating anything.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0