Gas prices going way up!!!!

it was about 90p a litre the last time i checked around here (unleaded). rip off. what hapened to the good old days. the poor worlds going down the s****er lol

This is the one I have ordered....its more of an urban style one, as I find the MTB the suspension is far too soft for long road trips....

Its the Claude Butler Urban 300......nothing too special but it will suit my needs...

urban_300_07.jpg

Here are the Specs of it........Oh and 22" frame

• Alloy 6061 series ovalised and tapered tube set, sports trekking geometry, Includes carrier and mudguard capabilities
  • Suntour 700c - NEX 4010 alloy crown and lower legs, preload adjust, and disc mounts with 63mm travel.
  • Alloy 700c double wall rim with machined side wall using 24 hole satellite lacing pattern equipped with alloy 24 hole quick release hubs. 8 speed freehub. Kenda Khan with K-ShieldTM puncture protection 700 x 40c town and trail.
  • Shimano Acera 24 speed with STI shifters
  • Shimano Acera guarded chainset 22/32/42T with durable cartridge bottom bracket
  • Alloy black Promax 'V' style
  • Oversize

I have a claude butler myself and enjoy riding to work in this weather. Traffic is so bad its actually quicker to cycle that to drive!

I'm sure I remember when petrol was like 55p a litre, (long before I could drive of course)
then I remember it hovering around the 80p mark, sometimes going up sometimes coming back down.

whoever said about the price falling and people saying that's cheap is exactly right, in Britain now, if you found it at 86p per litre you'd say it was cheap!

I was in a station today and it was £1.01 a litre, and I had to stop as I'd already had to switch to the reserve fuel on my bike!
(there's nothing quite as crap as going down the road at 70 when the engine starts to falter and cut out, you have to reach down to the fuel tap, (though you can't look cause that'd involve getting off the bike!) feeling around till you find it, (with thick gloves on) and then trying to change that little switch...

we pay about a dollar for a litre. gallon is 3.78 litres, so we are paying around 3.80 canadian for a gallon
:eek: That's 70 cents per gallon less than here.

Newfoundland sucks. >_>

dude_se said:
it was about 90p a litre the last time i checked around here (unleaded). rip off. what hapened to the good old days. the poor worlds going down the s****er lol
Whoa, and we think we have it bad in Canada. Gas drops to about 90 cents canadian here in the winter, much higher now.

0.90 Canadian dollars = 0.406194522 British pounds

41 (rounded off) (pence?) per litre compared to 90...

That's in the winter season though.

I'm sure I remember when petrol was like 55p a litre, (long before I could drive of course)
then I remember it hovering around the 80p mark, sometimes going up sometimes coming back down.

whoever said about the price falling and people saying that's cheap is exactly right, in Britain now, if you found it at 86p per litre you'd say it was cheap!

I was in a station today and it was £1.01 a litre, and I had to stop as I'd already had to switch to the reserve fuel on my bike!
(there's nothing quite as crap as going down the road at 70 when the engine starts to falter and cut out, you have to reach down to the fuel tap, (though you can't look cause that'd involve getting off the bike!) feeling around till you find it, (with thick gloves on) and then trying to change that little switch...
I never understood why on motorcycles, and stuff like that they have reserve tanks, but they don't on cars? I guess its just easier to lose track of your fuel on a bike than when your in a car.

It's confirmed. California has the highest priced gasoline in the United States. I'm paying literally $3.99 a gallon for gas!!!!!!! That's in LA!!!!! All you other people from other states are damn lucky. Don't ever move here to California. Everything's going up, cost of living, etc.

I wouldnt pass emissions anyways.

I think Gas is about 2.80 a gallon here in Alabama...the fuel costs here on our farm are making it more and more expensive just to run the place and with hay season coming up starting next week it's seriously gonna suck lol

Back
Top Bottom