Gas/petrol prices increase in Saudi Arabia.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
It's been decided. Automotive fuel prices will be increased in a week. Gas/petrol will be ~$0.24US per liter for premium grade (95 European grade or ~92 US grade) and ~$0.2USD per liter for the regular (91 European grade or ~89 US grade).

Well, at least it is not that expensive compared to other places.

I think it will just screw up the expenditure plans and calculations. No real harm will come out of it... God forbid.

I heard it's because of taxes. A British friend of mine says taxes for petrol are like 80%. That's just too much. Oh, we don't have taxes here :)

I believe in the UK the European octane (RON) grading is used. Here that's what we do.

Last edited:
A lot of the oil we use comes from the east anyway, so I guess you guys have much reduced shipping costs as the oil is already there! ;)

At it's peak, in the UK, unleaded fuel was the equivalent of about $2.00USD per litre!

Back when I started driving, gas cost about US $0.29 per gallon here in California. 45 years later and it costs around US $2.25 per gallon, almost 8 times as much. Luckily, I earn about 40 times as much now as back then so it's more affordable for me today.

Somewhere around US $ 0.40 per gallon is taxes.

Taxes again? Are those everywhere?

Here we don't have taxes except for business firms and it is 2.5% of something.

Interesting! Kinda like paying customs for commercial stuff at entrance?

I heard there are taxes for watching TV (a license), owning a land and parking cars. Is this true?

Where I live at the moment its 128.9 to 129.9 for unleaded. Cheapest I've seen it in months. States on the mainland were getting it a lot of cheaper and now its being investigated.

Back
Top Bottom