Garry's Mod Not Working

hockeygoalie5

In Runtime
I'm trying to run Garry's Mod but an error is coming saying I need a source game. I already have Portal which was on the list of games it can run on. I've contacted the makers with no reply.

You probably need Half Life 2 in order to run it properly since it is derived from that game. I have heard that Garry's Mod 10 runs standalone.

Well, since I just bought it, I'm sure I have the most up-to-date version. It runs on any source game. A list was provided on the store page, which had Portal.

I got the free one. I guess that's just it. I bought Half Life 2: Deathmatch though. Found it on the list, it was the cheapest.

Steam states that Halfe Life 2 Deathmatche does not sport the correct version of the source engine, get halfe lifesource or team fortress 2, they come with good props too.

I got the free one. I guess that's just it. I bought Half Life 2: Deathmatch though. Found it on the list, it was the cheapest.

The free one expired, and knowing Steam, they probably locked out the Source SDK for that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom