Gaming history in the making!

Halo 2 on xbox gave me the best multiplayer experience of any game when the games were legit. (No stand by'ing and hacking) I was addicted. I even did some fun hacking on non-ranked games.. Flying warthogs shooting plasma grenades was great. A friend and I also won a local halo 2 tournament with the grand prize being 2 copies of halo 3!

I would agree that halo 2, 3 didn't live up to number 1 but Halo Reach is looking goooooooood

I've never heard of not being able to shut down a server unless everyone is logged off. Just boot them and shut down the server, they can do that. Or just shut down the server period, there is no reason that someone who is logged on would prevent it from being shut down.

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

I've never heard of not being able to shut down a server unless everyone is logged off. Just boot them and shut down the server, they can do that. Or just shut down the server period, there is no reason that someone who is logged on would prevent it from being shut down.

I didn't understand why they couldn't do that either. Who's actually running these servers?!

This is just like EA...They are shutting down all of their servers for "older" games. I guess their idea of old is a year and a half.

I don't thinks it's a matter of physically not being able to, but more a matter of, for lack of a better term, "not allowed" until everyone logs out. I'm sure they could just pull the power cord out of the back of the thing but I'm guessing they aren't allowed for some reason or another.

I don't thinks it's a matter of physically not being able to, but more a matter of, for lack of a better term, "not allowed" until everyone logs out. I'm sure they could just pull the power cord out of the back of the thing but I'm guessing they aren't allowed for some reason or another.
I don't believe that. Why wouldn't they be allowed? Who says they aren't allowed and what is anyone going to do about it if it shuts down and everyone gets booted?

I think it's just a ploy to sort of "go out with a bang" for halo2 online myself. Maybe they are offering a huge prize to the last person standing or something, like a million bucks.....

But I still don't believe that they "can't" shut it down. If they wanted to they could just cut the connection and it'd be over.

Back
Top Bottom