The G15 Project.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So I'm thinking about replacing my Logitech G15 keyboard with something new and improved.

The Razer Tarantula looks very good, plus it will look very nice with the rest of my razer equipment. I do have a big problem however, I absolutely LOVE the G15 onboard screen, combined with EVEREST it lets me see all my PC temps, it's very helpful especially when you are in game. Tarantula's technical specifications are absolutely amazing, plus I think it has a very cool look to it, but I honestly think it not having a screen might be a deal breaker for me. So today I started thinking, and I think what I will do is take the G15 apart and try to get the screen out with the wires, so then I can just have the screen plugged in via USB and have all my thermal information on it and have it seat nicely next to my new Razer Tarantula keyboard. Basically what i'm looking 4 is something like this G13 Advanced Gameboard but since im already spending about $200 on other stuff, spending another $80 is just 2 much...

I guess theoretically I can just have the Full G15 Keyboard plugged in next to my Razer Tarantula and just use it when ever I need to find out the temps, but having 2 full keyboards on your desk can take up lots of space. Also does anyone know if that will create some sort of conflicts? Having 2 keyboards plugged in to ur PC? In any case just thought I'd get your peoples opinions first b4 I start taking my G15 apart whahahaha.

Thanks.

This is exactly what Im looking for! but I'm not sure if EVEREST will be competable with it, since that is what I use to get all my thermal info, but thats not the major con, this thing is $50, I mean i might as well just get that other one from logitech. But this is defenatelly something to think about thanks

Get a Deck if you're willing to shell out. If not, Steelseries 7G. Mechanical switches>membranes.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823239002&Tpk=steelseries 7g

Thanks for the links Cabbs, but this deckk keyboard is just not for me... it has absolutely no technical advantages, only looks.

The steelseries is a much better choice, but razer's specs are better + the looks are kick ass!

I'm like %90 sure im getting it. im gona see how much space im gona have for 2 keyboards, that way I don't have to disassemble anything.

Mechanical switches aren't just for looks, considering you can't see them.

Back
Top Bottom