Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2008, 03:19 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Funny free service to prank your mates!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
who cares?
Give them a phone number and they can sell it to who knows what other company that decides to call that phone every 2 seconds selling cruises... Need I have another reason? Pranking your friends is one thing, them getting annoying telemarketer calls because of your prank is very annoying on their part.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:00 AM   #12
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to RiverS

Thats part of the prank hehe, don't you just love telemarketers?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic4Christ View Post
IT WORKS!!! i pranked a friend when he was at work.. hilarious.. hhahahahhahaahah
Haha awesome! I just pranked this girl my younger sister hates, she kept on ringing our house and stalking my sister. I pranked here with the "Wuzzup!" message at 2:00am! Eat that b****!
Now I'll try it on that chick that when in my sisters email account! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk611 View Post
Give them a phone number and they can sell it to who knows what other company that decides to call that phone every 2 seconds selling cruises... Need I have another reason? Pranking your friends is one thing, them getting annoying telemarketer calls because of your prank is very annoying on their part.
Hmm, I hope they don't do that. I read on the website "We don't sell your phone number to ANYONE!" I hope that is true. Will do some research later.

EDIT: Oh and you can put your number in a "DO NOT CALL" list. It's actually against the law if they do sell your number and they promised they didn't. Telemarketers can only ring on certain times, in Australia if they ring at like early morning or late at night, too much or on a certain day (I think it's Sunday) then that is against the law here.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I would never give a website like that my phone number or any of my friends phone numbers. Who knows what they will do with it. You might start getting all kinds of unwanted calls and stuff.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I would never give a website like that my phone number or any of my friends phone numbers. Who knows what they will do with it. You might start getting all kinds of unwanted calls and stuff.
Yeah, but really it doesn't bother me. I like to get one or two every now and then because I find it fun to pick on the telemarketers or annoying them. Once when I was bored I was on the phone for an hour, making as if I was going to buy a shitload of there products, in the end I just wasted her time

But I hate getting it too much, because you can't sit down because the freakin' phone's ringing too much! And you can't turn the phone off because there's always a chance of an emergency (receiving and sending).

If it does start to get out of hand you can use legal action, but in their ToS it says they won't sell the number and use it for ANYTHING. No personal identification is stored. Just browse around because it's fairly popular.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote